WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSunday; Life Lived Easy

Another first Sunday and a day to play a little longer...

"Distant Sun"; OM-YAM-yum designs at RedBubble


Stephen Hough is something of a piano idol for me. Rachmaninoff is one of my composer idols. Put the two together and I start to think fireworks, volcanoes and the occasional shower of snow. Snap, crackle and pop. Having heard SH play on recitals over the radio on a number of occasions, it was with great delight and enthusiasm that I attended a concert in Sydney; not Rachy on that occasion though ... Chopin, from memory... [..... hmmm go tubulating again YAM...]

This was on the verge of being entered in the desert island collection (oh, I haven't forgotten... prepare yourselves!), but gee, golly gumdrops, others just insy-winched it out. Anyway; this clip has a great little intro before the concert.  Enjoy!



ooh oohhooohhhhhhh.... I found the very concert I attended at SOH... will just put in the final movement for you here. (It was in 1996, BTW.)

3 comments:

  1. Fireworks and volcanoes is just the right image.
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's muzak for a foggy sunday... many thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏