WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menorise [men-oh-rIse]; the process of unculcation

असतो मा सद्गमय तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय मृत्योर्मा  अमृतं गमय 
asato maa sadgamaya, tamaso maa jyotirgamaya, mrtyorma amrtam gamaya


From delusion lead me to truth;
from darkness lead me to light;
from death lead me to immortality.

(Brhadaraanyaka Upanishad)
























A wonderful rendition with accurate vedic chanting from Ravi Shankar and George Harrison is provided here if you care to listen...  post script; some may have difficulty getting the soundtrack to work - if so do please use THIS LINK. For those who cannot make out the script at bottom of image - this is in Sandeepany Sadhanalaya, where I spent a little over two years and that is a life-size sculpture of Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda. The shloka above is of course directed to the Higher - but can also be addressed to the mahatma, the 'Godman', who is physically before us and can help us rise from where we are now.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful words beautifully chanted
    Fank you fur such a luffly start to the weekend
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had troubles with it. Is it just us (it often is)?

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope Murphy and Stanley ...... it's me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that are wonderful words... all who love and who are beloved will be immortal :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spirituality is very soothing, in these crazy times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Yam, I listened to this and I felt wonderful. I am going to try establishing a permanent link...well, we'll see, my brain is not at its best right now, but I'll try.
    E you soon.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏