WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Views; Less Speak More Peek

In the father's kitchen at lunch time. Yes, the sun was shining!























My mother had a few old plates. Nothing special, but she liked them enough to buy grips to hang them on the kitchen wall. That morning sun which glistened through the olive oil bottle above, also highlighted this one. It is actually white, with pink and green accents on the pattern. Clearly I need to work on Fudge's exposures!























This was the sun which was streaming through the father's kitchen window... but this was taken shortly after dawn and the cloud had yet to burn away. This is a sky-scene which is typical of the Bonny Land.

















Back in The Hutch and looking out my window towards the Bishop's Seat and Kilbride Hill. There's that overcast, make-yer-e'en-watter kinda sky again...























...in the evening, though, it means the sunsets can be quite spectacular. This was taken in the other direction, looking across the Clyde Estuary towards Wemyss just as the last flare of the day brightened the hills and glints off the docking Bute Ferry.  The piccie below is of a glass art piece I bought in Peninsula, Ohio.















10 comments:

  1. Love the random shots!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that is an Anemone flower on the plate. We have them in full bloom now as we have not yet had a frost. They grow wild in many European countries, in North America, and Japan. They are so delicate.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      It's actually Briar (wild rose - you can see the thorns and the leaves are different) which used to grow prolifically in hedgerows here, but sadly not now. Mum used to gather the rose hips and make wonderful jelly from them. Dad has Japanese anemones in his garden which do have a similar-looking bloom, so think that may be what you have. They are beautiful! Yxx

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh I love dishes and glassware too. I have some of B's mom's and my mom's and a deviled egg platter that was my Gma. YaYa I love seeing where you computer sits now I can picture you there
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the plate is actually white? Cool how it looks yellow. Either way it's lovely.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light through the bottle could have been an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi rruffs plates and interesting dishes. Thanks fur sharing these phodoghraphs, showing pieces of your life.
    Your furend,
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a few people collect plates. But I real wouldn't say I'm a collecter of plates.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old plates...and I still have some really old ones from my grand granny... the pattern is nearly gone but in my imagination I still can see it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos. Your Bonny land, indeed! I know you are a great photographer, but it is eminently photographable, too!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏