WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoical [men-oyik-ul]; the condition of thinking you've forgotten something.

Over the past three weeks, there have been three or four posts on others' bloggies which have inspired me and triggered the literary juices. Trouble is, I didn't note those inspirations down.

So it is not that I think I have forgotten something. I have. Full stop. It's the old menosoup at work again. Hey ho. There is now a note book placed firmly on the table beside me and Voovoo the vaio, into which - in theory - will go the prompts for posts which come from elsewhere.

Not that the listings will necessarily guarantee usage. It would worry me if I remembered that I'd forgotten...

The bloggies have been getting a bit of attention though, particularly this one; spring cleaning, you may say. The tinkering is pretty much done on here for the time being, but something else that arose was a notification from Blogger that there were some new template designs on offer. I have been deliberating over changing onto dynamic views but, quite frankly, why bother when can tweak this one so readily and make it my own?  This was backed up further when I decided last week to start a new blog...

It was really the curiosity to see what the new templates offered; coupled with a thought which had been gestating about a forum for my more artistic images, writings and to promote RedBubble. I kept it private until it took a form I quite liked, using the Soho template.

The template is not as responsive or easily manipulated as the Simple or Travel templates I use for these other blogs. Although it is not one of the dynamic views series, Soho has some of the more attractive looks; simple clean presentation, with the links and other gadgets tucked away on the top left tri-bar widget. Certainly there is a small sense of restriction with the template; the coding doesn't want certain things changed - for example, I like to put a little message above the comments, but it hasn't set. Not world-shattering, but a tad frustrating, as it means one does not in fact have full control of one's page.

Still, for what it is, am reasonably happy with it. I now invite you all to take a 'squizz'. Not much on there as yet of course, but if you don't mind, play around with all the buttons and pages and test the set up. Let me know what you think. Many thanks, my friends!


9 comments:

  1. Mom is such a 'fraidy cat' when it comes to changing our template and background. The Panda background was 100% a happy accident. She knows where it was but it is no longer there and she likes it so much she won't change.
    LOL
    Hugs madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am due to change my template, but change is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      ...well, time consuming, certainly!!! Yxx

      Delete
  3. Mimi says she likes the clean white background fur showing yur art. Good because there is nothing distracting. She also thinks yur header is cool.
    Yur Furend
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is very hard! I haven't changed my template since I started the blog. It's about time for spring cleaning and maybe... a new template!

    Good luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll NEVER get anything changed on my blog. Wanna come back to Australia and help Mum out????? I'd sure like a change but if Mum does it I may never have a blog again. Took her forever to come up with what I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the mama had such a spring cleaning idea too... but her heart is not ready to change something.... so we will stay with the header... next fall is just some months away ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I am waiting for a great template that screams at me. LOL. Spring cleaning on the blog, that may be a great idea. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom says she has to right things down or she forgets. She just recently played with our blog format some when Ann made our new header
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏