WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoperayshunul; cast one, place one

Was doing a little 'housekeeping' on the bloggy. A fair few of the links on the sidebar had reached their use-by date. Sad but true. Folk have gone off on the tangent of life and left their bloggies hanging, or have removed their blog altogether. After twelve months, if no movement, no word, then it's time to move on. There are a couple I really miss seeing, but also understand that 'stuff' more important has taken place. That or other social media.

It can be like that in life. Having travelled to many parts of the world and having formed perfectly sound bonds in those various parts, I can tell you that it is less than a handful of folk who have remained with me throughout.

I am a decent corresponder. This might be surmised from the types of comments I leave. Not for me, (or rarely at least), the language of Trite. In regular life, I always liked to write letters, cards and in the more modern age, emails. However, if there is no return to my last three enquiries and news-giving/or twelve months, whichever is the longer duration, then I don't hang around mourning.  It has become clear that life is happening and I am no longer sufficiently significant in that life to make the effort of keeping in touch. There is no hurt in it - it's just how life is. (That said, there is one I can think of which mystifies me, but there always has to be an exception, right?)

Conversely, there are those with whom we do not necessarily pass small-talk or laundry lists from one end of the year to other, but when in touch, or in the presence of each other again, it's as if no time has passed at all.

Anyway, on this bloggy now a few names have disappeared from my lists. This has made way for a few to be added. In all categories. Some of these newcomers have been 'met' by looking at other folks' sidebars. Others are discovered purely by accident through other researches. All offer an expansion of fun, interest and knowledge.

If history captures your imagination, then you might like the Addenbrooke's blog. It is not necessarily one where you would comment much, but it is excellent for little insights into the history of healthcare - and other associated things. It has been going since September last year, and the archivist running it is none other than my dear friend 'Aitch'! It posts only once a week, on Thursday. It is quite unique and personal. Archives for Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, for example, are really somewhat dry and library-like! The closest similar thing I can find in Scotland is a reference to the stately Craiglockhart Hospital and the part it played in soldiers recovering from wounds and shellshock in the first world war.

How about your local health institutions? Is there history worth the knowing? Are there archivists paying attention?

ATTENTION!
On the matter of Blogger comments delayed publishing issues which have been occurring of late; note that it appears to be only with those who have embedded comments forms - it is for this reason that I have changed mine to a pop-out box form, and I would encourage others to follow suit. Folk are not commenting simply because it has become too slow and irritates them. The pop-out is not particularly pretty, but it is still more effective at the moment. It does mean that there can be no direct replies; however, if I have your email addy and a reply is warranted, you will still hear from me! YAM xx

PS - feel free to spread the word - cut and paste the above if you wish. Ta...


11 comments:

  1. Oh YAM aunty I hear you on the missing peeps etc. I kinda have that problem and should 'clean house' but I don't want to loose blog addresses then on the other hand should they comment I can bookmark them again. I do wish folks would say a proper adios though.
    Well since you mentioned the 'attention' paragraph I need to ask do I have a pop out box format? I think my comment box looks like yours but I'm hearing from a few that they cannot comment.
    I'd gladly fix this if I need to do so.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't faint...I found the area all by myself...OMCS...I'm amazed and now I'm all set. I will add this to my blog post tomorrow.
    Thank you
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about house cleaning...mine was a whole new pet!
    I only went back to blogger with Nellie's most recent blog and was not happy with Blogger, so when Marv came along, I went back to WordPress (which can have issues too).
    Ciao
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I been doing some social media cleaning. Right now mosty with my facebook groups...If I haven't taken part in more year. I'm deleteing them.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. we plan to do a blog spring cleaning too... but fortunately we still have winter and we have some time till we start the new project ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I try to clean up my blog and remove some old blogs that are no longer in use. It is sad to have blogging friends just disappear. I hope they are well. Blogging comments ca be a pain sometimes. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, your email did get me to wondering what you had to say on the matter. Now I'm wondering what we have to say on the matter too! OK, testing the tie delay on posting a comment . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. And on some of the blogs I cannot get this type of post comments window to work, grrrrrr. Yes, it is the time of year to clean up lists. More and more folks are not sending hard copy greetings. Because life moves on. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you.
    I find that people aren't posting daily as they once were. Several drive me nuts and post an entire week's memes on Sunday, for example. Sorta defeats the purpose, methinks.

    I usually visit a blog after someone visits mine. Binge reading posts I missed since I've been before, perhaps!
    The pop up box really helps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm off to switch my comment format. Thanks for the heads up!
    xoxo,
    Jakey Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are a decent correspond er - can definitely vouch for that - in the short time I have known you through your blog

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏