WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-noutstanding; terrific tones

Serendipity is something which happens quite a bit for me. I am inclined to consider it as a consequence of awareness+receptivity+curiosity. Almost always it comes about by my following my unfettered inquisitiveness, whether that be physically (where does this lane go?), socially (that was an interesting word to use, let me ask...) or intellectually/spiritually (I wonder...)

Serendipity is the positive consequence of such nosiness curiosity. It doesn't always come out positively! Mostly it does, though.

What serendipity took place this week then? Well, it began (last week actually) with visiting a pal's birding blog and he was showing us the Currawong species of Tasmania. A bird of which I was quite fond due to its lovely warble. I recalled a trip I had made to another of the islands and how I had noted a difference in the 'tone' or 'dialect' of the Currawong there. I did a search (you know me!!!) to see if I could support that statement, and in no time at all, I was at the website of Marc Anderson, Wild Ambience. In particular, at the Currawong page, where the different voices in NSW are recorded. I hadn't been imagining things!

Of course, if you clicked that link, you will understand that I got a bit side-tracked by Marc's site. It drew me in and before I knew it I had downloaded a couple of his albums!!! You can, of course, listen to individual items such as the Currawong one - but to have the MP3 available on the YAMroid at bedtime, or for rising in the morning is going to be so refreshing.

It reminded me very much of my walks from my home, in the nearby Kuring-Gai national park. I would wander up into the trees and just sit, listening. I can smell the eucalypts and wattles and boronia as I hear these sounds again. I consider this a very serendipitous find.



I heartily recommend you take a listen and soothe your inner being!!!

As if all that weren't enough, the bio page brought my attention to Nature Sound Map. You can go anywhere in the world and listen to what it offers. I find myself thinking, 'why is this not advertised and more widely known???' THIS is what the internet can give us! Something outstandingly beautiful, restorative, informative. On the contributors' page, you can find links to all their websites where even more gorgeous, lush sounds can be obtained. Enjoy it dear ones.


15 comments:

  1. I am fascinated by and love all types of maps, but that Nature Sound Map really is an exceptionally fine idea. Thanks! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get sidetracked, too! I love reading about something new! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it too and I do know you are the best 'searcher there is.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cursed/blessed with that nosy/curiosity thing and spend most of my time in the google search bar, my hubby is constantly giving me things to search for. he will say ask Google girl so and so. i am headed over the the nature map to see what you found. in the WWW one thing Always Leads to another and another and another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why is this the first i have ever heard of this MAP? wow.. i am sending your post to my friend in Africa... she will love all of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Isn't it fabulous??!!! I was stunned and could not believe I'd not heard/found it before this. Yxx

      Delete
  6. Mom says it is so easy for her to get lost on the web when she finds something and then it leads to something else, and then on and on.

    We think those sounds of nature would make a great addition to one of those sound machines Mom likes to use when she sleeps.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it makes me long for warmer days!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting. I think mom would enjoy listening for relaxation but I just might start barking!
    hugs
    Mabel
    Hazel too

    ReplyDelete
  9. That album sample is so incredible! R just came over and gave my computer a very inquisitive look as the sounds are singing out from it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMW Yamini, I know you from Kay's blog; from Magieyte (Pets forever) and I've seen you on several other blogs. my blogger friend (Sandra above) sent me this link. I'm about to access it. Thanks! Regards Jo (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Yamini. I listened to the bushbabies in Tanzania. I used to hear them in my garden when I lived there with my late husband. I also clicked on the Cape fur seals with a lump in my throat. Oh dear. I could scroll through this map all day but need to get on with my work. Bless you. And thank you Sandra for the link! I will be back. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a map even my dad can read... and we can buy more treats if we haven't to pay the taxi drivers for being our scout ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way cool. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏