Next off the musical ramp, we have Joachim Raff, born on the 27th of May, 1822, in Lachen, Switzerland. Very much of the Romantic style of composer (which I confess, I usually avoid), I found myself watching the manuscript as it played in this video, and my fingers were 'finding the keys'! A brief listen to a couple of other items was pleasing to the ear, so I may go on to listen more to this chap's works.
Tthat was actually very beautiful! Soothing music. I have heard a lot of this composer's music, he wrote some nice symphonies, too. Not a household name, though...pity!
Hari Om That period in the classical music pantheon covers roughly from the mid-1820s to the end of the 19th century, and is sometimes stated as moving a few years into the early 20th. All about moving the emotions - hence romantic. If you care to understand the political and social influences shaping this movement, you could read this article, which is an excellent overview. Yxx
Tthat was actually very beautiful! Soothing music. I have heard a lot of this composer's music, he wrote some nice symphonies, too. Not a household name, though...pity!
ReplyDeleteSoothing 😊
ReplyDeleteA peaceful and calming piece and I loved it!
ReplyDeleteVery soothing and soul-touching music. I don't know why it is Romantic.
ReplyDeleteHari Om
DeleteThat period in the classical music pantheon covers roughly from the mid-1820s to the end of the 19th century, and is sometimes stated as moving a few years into the early 20th. All about moving the emotions - hence romantic. If you care to understand the political and social influences shaping this movement, you could read this article, which is an excellent overview. Yxx
Have a great day
DeleteNoodle and crew
How beautiful and very soothing!
ReplyDeleteI agree this is lovely. I don't think I knew you played the piano....but not surprising since you have very talented fingers
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
Hello YAM,
ReplyDeleteIt is very pleasing, I enjoyed listening.
Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.
It is lovely! XX
ReplyDelete