I know that quite a few of you are facing the same. First, there was the comments nonsense (though that was mostly sorted out pretty quickly). Spamming valid comments now happens only once in a while. Not more than once every couple of weeks - or even longer now. The 24 hours without being able to comment at all caused quite a flummox, but also proved that Google can, if it chooses, fix things. That's why this fiasco with the delayed, or just totally not updating, delivery of posts from followed blogs to the reader is beyond frustrating. I asked the question...
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DROP YOUR 'STONE IN THE POOL' OF THOSE WISHING GOOGLE TO PAY ATTENTION, YOU CAN CLICK THE "I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION" BUTTON ON THIS PAGE. You might look at that and think it's registering a rather low number, but remember that, statistically, for each person who makes an effort to register or respond to such things, it is considered to be representative of anything from 600 to 1000 people who don't leave their mark for any variety of reasons.
A few of you remarked on my earlier post that you use Feedly. I did once sign up for that a few years back when there were issues, but I really didn't like it. A couple of weeks ago, I went back to my blogrolls (as I had them) to see who posted that day... then those stopped updating, too!
So, as far as my own web page is concerned, I have now created a new page and transferred the blog listing from my dashboard. It does contain links to NN/NN and Cup On A Bus, but I am keeping them there because Gail and Joanne meant so much to me. As it says right at the bottom of the home page, blogpals live on through their blog posts. There are also quite a few blogs on there that infrequently, or almost never, post, but are worthy enough to remain on my list - just in case.
Anyway, that's me having moved a few widgets around and updated the pages. You can now access the privacy policy from the footnotes under 'Read About...'.
There was one or two muttering about moving to WordPress... but I've been there and done that a few years back and found that it has its own issues - so have plumped for 'better the devil you know'... I've learned that things do eventually get sorted, but in the meantime we just have to set our jaws and find the ways that work best for each of us.
UPDATE: Okay, I left that in place because it took some effort to compose last week - it is now a few hours before the post goes live, and as of 36 hours ago, the reader page updating issue has mostly been cleared up. Not 100%, but definitely a major improvement. The ongoing tinkering is causing things to lag, not just in Blogger, but in Chrome as well - anyone else experiencing that when putting in an enquiry - the endless looping, and when you start again, it works pronto?
Anyway, with each update of the system now, it seems that more and more AI tools are being buried within, so that it is quite literally impossible to be free of the thing. During the week since I drafted the post, Google came out and admitted that their AI had also 'gone rogue' in a 'few cases', but are otherwise being very coy about where, when, and what. This fuels my impression that they fell foul of their own 'improvements'.
Hey ho... that's me 'downloaded', ta for listening!


My biggest issue has been on my tablet. I use my laptop for composing and creating the graphics and I post on the blog as well as keeping the badge page updated. So I only get a chance to comment after I go to bed from my tablet! A little over a year ago, I began having difficulties commenting. Every time the pages refresh or I moved to a different blog I would be logged out of my goggle account and there would be login loops where I could not login to comment at all. Frustrating beyond words! I don't even want to go into the other issues I've had with google. I consider it a necessary evil, And I try to stay up later. So, that is why I have not been commenting as much as I used to. Yam, thanks for speaking of your issues, we are NOT alone! Keep being AWESOME! Barb
ReplyDeletethat reminds me of this stepen king story where all gadgets and machines went mad... scary....
ReplyDeleteThank you for giving us so much information, especially me who is computer illiterate, about this crazy Google Blog stuff. I thought I was doing something incredible when I actually could post a blog quite a few years ago. All these interruptions are very frustrating to all of us.
ReplyDeleteAs of right now (who knows what the next five minutes will bring?) most of the issues seem to have been resolved. Not quite a hundred percent, but much better than it has been of late. Fingers crossed that it remains stable for a while.
ReplyDelete