Pages

Read About...

Menosonal; Seasons, They Will Change

August and into September spent almost entirely in The Grey on Dunoon's shoreline. I did visit The Hutch for laundry, showers, mail checks, but I just so love being in my van! I have to say that as early as August, there were signs of autumn already encroaching...


... not to mention all the berries that were already abundant. Particularly on the Rowan trees, where they were pretty much all red even before September kicked in. If my grandad were to be believed (and my pal Aitch, for that matter), then snow was on the way! Of course, those leaves turning could be something to do with the incredible heat and much less rain than we're used to getting around here - but those leaves weren't withering from drought; they were properly turning. 

At the end of August, The Cowal Gathering takes place at Dunoon Stadium and town. I tend not to go along to the main events, but I do always enjoy the closing fireworks, and this was the first year in about seven that I can recall when it was actually dry for the display.




That was just a wee taster... took lots and am keeping them for Hogmanay, as I probably won't be at any fireworks gatherings at that time.

As nature would have it, though, the rain promptly arrived about an hour after they'd finished. September, then, has been wet... hey ho. Good weather for hunkering down with the yarn project, some excellent podcasts, a few good viewing binges and generally just keeping myself to myself. 





1 comment:

  1. the natural firework is our favorite... and there is still that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏