WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonday Art Vibe; In The Round

As mentioned before, a great many of the artworks in this year's Annual Open Exhibition reflected on nature and the environment. These large-scale items also focused on the circular. The first one had a strong impact both as a whole and from a distance, but when I walked up close, the work within the acrylic was quite mesmerising. Then, in the other full-wall item, the artist combined aerial photography with creatively crafted circular works... I was not entirely convinced by the combination, but the circles were lovely, and I am sorry that I don't seem to have taken a close-up photograph of either! For the second, I have given the tags that pertain to the far left panel and the larger one on the right...






7 comments:

  1. The circular themes sound so intriguing! It’s funny how an artwork can look completely different depending on how close you stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one has a weak heart better one doesn’t visit this exhibit or sticker shock might propel you to a place where you don’t want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting exhibit, the circles remind me of dinner plates. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing exhibit, Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue at the bottom in the first photo reminds me of photos I've seen of earth taken from space.
    AND of course the R E D
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also am more fond of the acrylic circles, the different designs drew me in.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏