WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoingggg... It's A Boomerang Post

On this day in 2015... No, let me start again. On this day, plus one in 2015, I quite virtually time-travelled. Or had an adventure in time. That's what museums are for, right? I posted on the 22nd the following two piccies with this little screed about it. 


✴The clock mentioned here is about the size of your average household telly these days (in terms of the face and dial dimensions). I arrived in the nick of time - the lass needed help winding up one of those gravity wires mentioned above... yes! I actually got to work the winch!!!✴

 

You can read the full post with more piccies from the National Museum of Scotland if you click here!

Why didn't I use the item from the 21st post of that year? Come back tomorrow and find out...


11 comments:

  1. Indeed, keep them coming back for more! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha - she would need a small army to wind up the weights on the mediaeval clock we saw yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old clocks...and one point, Big Ben is the bell named after the MP , husband of Lady Llanover in the 1800s

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for getting the chance to wind that clock.. I had no idea they had mediaveal clocks. now I know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to hear the chimes from the clock. One must need some muscles to wind up that clock. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY YAM aunty...I can hardly wait to find out why the 22 was on the 21st. Knowing you it will be a fun story.
    I know you thoroughly enjoy assisting too. The pretty lass looks like she could be a member your Mac Clan.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my. Memories can be so fun to revisit. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏