WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonday Art Vibe; Beaded Beauty

This is the penultimate post from this year's Annual Open Exhibition at the National Gallery of Scotland. This collection of small 'stones' held the gaze for a while, both from a distance and then up close. I found myself comparing the experience to staring into rock pools on the shoreline, finding little delights for the eye and senses. I could imagine framing off a section of wall and painting a background to celebrate the shore, with these jewels placed within it... (No, it's not one that I added to my own collection, but it was considered! Oh, and the remaining items that did get purchased will appear here - eventually...)




10 comments:

  1. They do look fascinating. What kind of stones are they? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      ... the description is provided... I used 'stones' metonymically... Yxx

      Delete
  2. its a wonderful idea what invites you to ponder about things ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stones are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are like looking through a kaleidoscope. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glass reminds me of sea glass. Pretty art! Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAM I do so love beads and the glass. I agree they remind me of sea glass.
    Sunday's inspirational quote is so true.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes seemingly ordinary stuff can simply look out of the world and be so captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are very pretty. It does remind me of looking into a creek at the colorful stones under the water.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏