WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoloopal [men-oh-loo-pal]; the condition of being sent mental


Yes I did say that change is inevitable.

But acceptance can be a tad delayed.  This week the 15ft fence that divides the ashram from the opposite world of the grand hotel complex on the lake-side has been denuded.

Why does this matter?

It was my wonder world.   All that morning glory creeper held a multitude of creature tales.  Butterflies, bees, wasps, snakes, geckos, chameleons, birds of many a varied feather and song, squirrels, monkeys…  such has been the traffic I have watched this past 19 months. 

Gone.

I know as a gardener that these vines need to be lopped for refreshment, but still.  It came as a shock.  The creatures will find another leafy bower in which to play.  However, this creature now has to deal with nudity.  Bareness and space where once there was screening.  Turns out the lead road to the buildings of the hotel looks directly into my window.  Even though I am one floor up, the angle of the hill is such that peeping can take place.  Indeed it already has.

No longer will I feel comfy just standing by the sill, cuppa in hand, pondering the deep and meaningfuls whilst observing the passage of life for those to whom d&m means not a jot, yet still they chirp and slither.

Instead, I can find myself coming eye-to-eye with a young executive who is clearly suffering the consequences of the night before.  Or a gardener who had previously been able to go about his work unobserved and is now facing the same dilemma as myself.  Or the young lady who definitely has other business in mind than matters spiritual.

This is a world from which I have withdrawn, if indeed I was ever part of it.  Where delusion and masking are considered the social currency.  Fine.  It exists.  Out there.  Now it is impinging on my in here.

A different set of creature tales awaits it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏