WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSundays; Life Lived Lovingly

During a news report last week about the British National Health Service (NHS) 70th Birthday, there was a focus on nurses. Not surprising. There was a reminder how the service has always relied upon nurses coming from other nations, particularly from the Philippines, Indonesia and India.

As the service continues to heave under the weight of insufficient staffing and budgetary constraints, it is still a beacon in the world of health care. A lot of that is down to those very nurses.

However, it was when a British nurse, who had served 34 years, was interviewed with her daughter who is in her first year of student nursing, that my heart came into my throat. She was asked at the end what one bit of advice she would pass on to the 19-year-old at the start of her career. Mother turned to daughter, experience faced the innocent;

"Never stop caring."

That'll do.




10 comments:

  1. Oh YaYa we agree ....no matter the profession of choice one should never stop caring or doing one's best.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARI OM
    PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE ENABLED POP-OUT BOX COMMENT FORMAT, AS THAT HAS SO FAR BEEN UNAFFECTED BY THE CURRENT ISSUES BLOGGER IS HAVING WITH EMBEDDED COMMENTS FORMS.

    DON'T STOP LETTING ME KNOW YOU DROPPED BY!!! YAM XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. All though I grumble at times about my job. I honestly care for those I take care of. I sure hope I have someone to help and assist me when I age...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am thankful for all the nurses! They are really caring people with a hard job! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't care about what you do, you can't possible be happy doing it. Mom says she could have made a lot more money working a math-related job in the business world, but she loved teaching and cared so much about her students.

    We have had trouble with comments too - take forever to register.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the backbone of all health areas .
    Merle.................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent advice, for sure. My fear is that with under-resourcing of the NHS making it all but impossible for nurses to have time to do their jobs properly, many of those who really do care will be the ones who end up leaving...Sorry, a depressing thought I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely words we should all keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know that the issue was with the comments on blogger. I surely was bugging me, too.

    What great advise from the mom to the daughter. valid no matter the profession. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. never stop caring . enough said haan! everything encapsulated in three little words. god bless both mother and daughter for they have chosen a noble profession

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏