WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-now-in-OZ … Revelation: part the first...

Back in OZ.  You eagle-eyed regulars will be saying, "yes YAM, for 10 days …"

This is true my dears.  However, the ol' grey matter has been struggling with dates times and places a bit.  Not so much due to the air(almost not)travel as to the usual complaint of menopolyxinaemia.

You thought I had menosouped that did you not??  &*>  Heehehhh.  No.  I do think that I am not quite so bad as I was in the short-term memory lapses.  However, am inclined to think that I have also become adept at working with it; getting round it; forgetting that it is a problem and accepting it as normal life…

At least it can be said that perhaps am not worrying about it anymore.  Just getting on.  I have to.  There's too much else to do...and am worried I forget something!

There is a sense of disassociation and although everything around me is familiar to the point I am pinching myself as to whether the last two years were a dream, it is also rather surreal.  I cannot allow myself to 'settle' back into Australia, or the way of life that is doing its best to reach out and grab me.  Already in  a few short weeks, the secure regularity that was life in the ashram is under threat.  Each day I have to sit 'within' for as long as possible in order not to lose that subtle connection.

It struck me as I commenced writing this that the etherwobblies I am having here are almost a physical representation of that.  Down here in the hollow and at the bottom of an extremely solid building - as material as it gets! - my connection to the greater world is sorely diminished.  I have to trek up the hillside, lodge myself on higher ground, in order to strengthen that link.  Make no mistake, when you know how to read them, the spiritual signals are ever present amidst the density of life.

The home unit in which I am staying is large, airy and well-situated.  I have all that I need.  By Friday of last week, I had begun to feel more present, but that became very much more congruent when I took myself off to walk in the park over the other side of the busy road.


I was aware that there was a creek on the opposite side and a walkway there, but I was not prepared for the absolute delight of finding history.  Not just local, nor simply State, but National history!  That too, in a much larger area of bushland than I had anticipated.  It was so fascinating and to think that in all the time I lived up the road and walked past this place I had not a clue what lay behind the fencing.  I am going to reveal the story of the place to you tomorrow (hence the 'part one' up top).  Today though, let me whet the interest with a few piccies.  In passing, let me also comment that although it is only spring here and despite the nights being rather chilly, there have already been some serious bush fires and last Thursday, the whole of Sydney was under an enormous pall of bush smoke.  One can only pray for early summer storms to damp it all down, or this could be a very nasty summer indeed.

Natural bushland with lots of rocks.


















....yes rocks - mainly sandstones.




















...and ancient tree ferns.  Well, they look ancient.  Primordial almost.  You only have to look at how the fronds emerge to get that feeling.















Native Orchid species and the famous "Bottlebrush" bush














   
The sky and clouds reflected in the Hornsby Creek and the tall timbers reaching for those very same clouds...






















Come back tomorrow for some very special information about this place and more piccies will follow in upcoming posts as I went a bit mad with the 'Nik'...&*>


6 comments:

  1. We are all worried about the summer to come, it is going to be very hot and dry bushfires are everywhere at the moment.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful autumn day here and I'm so sorry to learn about the bushfires. I used to live in the interior of British Columbia where forest fires were a big problem. A few years ago, fires in the town where I grew up, in BC's Okanagan Valley, sent smoke across the Rocky Mountains all the way here to southeastern Alberta, almost 1000km. Our sunsets here were very hazy for quite some time.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it always the case though: you never visit the thing closest to home because you can always do it some other time! But when away, you will visit everything in sight and out of sight!

    Looking forward to tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy not knowing that was there. It looks wonderful and looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om

    Glad that you are exploring this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏