WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menofuutering; small stuff fills in ...

It's Tuesday, and I sit pondering what to post to the bloggy. I like to be ahead of the game if I can. Just a small thing of mine.

Outside the Hutch's window, it is blowing a blizzard. Trust me, this is not a B&W shot. Check again.























It doesn't lie for long on our hills. We are a mini peninsula jutting into the Clyde Firth. All that water about ensures quick melt. It is pretty while it lasts though. Well, once it's stopped snowing and you can see the hills.

The day before it was as green and brown as early spring and wind which had the gulls and pigeons flying backwards. As there were inordinate numbers of them up above the rooves, I am guessing they thought it was fun. Extreme uplift.

None of them about on Tuesday. Snow-surfing not so attractive, apparently.

Have found myself faffing a bit since I got back from Eastwards. Not really settled in 2018 yet. The rhythm has been lost due to a different beat bringing me into the year. That's okay. I have a great sense of rhythm. Once I have the measure of the beat.

Grrrrrr... was trying to place a video clip here, but three times now Blogger has 'ditched' it... something else to
moan about them along with the comments caper. If you would like to watch this very fine performance
CLICK HERE!





Part of that process is to set timings for myself. The metronome of life, if you will. Two hours of creative writing. Two hours capering among blogs. Two to three hours of research and contemplation.

What do I research? Philosophy, comparative religion, political and social commentary which may have a bearing upon the first two. They are filtered through the lens of Advaita Vedanta. The contemplation is crucial because to then teach and make observations, info must be thoroughly digested and assessed with as unbiased an eye as possible. There is no one hundred percent in this. For anyone. Equal balance is the best one can expect.

Then there is the stuff which is just of deep personal interest; science, environment and ecology, arts and culture. There were questions about the little sculptures along the foreshore of Stonehaven which appeared in photographs here earlier this week. No indication can be found as to the names of the creator/s. One place did suggest that Andy Scott (of The Kelpies) made the dolphin one, but am not convinced by that as it isn't quite his trademark style. The lack of recognition of the artist/s is a subject of discussion on several tourist sites and other blogs, I discovered! I had fun trying to find out though. Sometimes two or three hours just isn't enough.

In between these different small things, other little things fill the spaces. Puzzles, cooking, artwork, reading (non-research).

I fill time readily enough. I am not sure I gain as much in return as I would like. I need to beat that inner drum a little harder.

Now for something completely different; this week I am going to have a go at 'fill-ins'. Won't be a regular at this, but I quite liked the prompts this week as they kinda fit with the general feel of today's post.

Click here to go to the bloghop!
1. I have never been able to cut thread with my teeth. Nope, I don't have a 'bite'! 

2. I wish I could still 
 walk the hills. The old legs and spine keep me in the lowlands and short distances.

3. A good puzzle and early bed is my ideal winter night. 

4. Candlelight and Gregorian chant.

17 comments:

  1. Now that is a very physical musical video. Almost like yoga and drums combined.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Yes, Taiko is a very physical discipline! Yxx

      Delete
  2. Blizzard happened here last week and over the weekend ~ terribly cold. Today will be a two digit day finally. I think your research on political well if it is my country it is a real crapshoot. Seems we are no longer
    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”
    It is look at for the rich over here.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      I love that quote SW - Statue of Liberty I think? To be honest, I do my best to AVOID anything which pertains to POTUS! Yxx

      Delete
    2. Wish we could AVOID anything pertaining to POTUS. The comment he made last week sadly I feel is making our country morally the word he use.
      SWTS

      Delete
  3. Hello, it is best to watch the blizzard and bad weather from inside. There is so much to fill our time, I have been enjoying visiting blogs and reading on the bad weather days. Enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wish that blizzard came to OP - it might last on the ground a bit longer.

    Mom tries as hard as she can to avoid the hills on our walks, especially when it is cold:) And she agrees, a good puzzle and early to bed sound perfect to her:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re Number 4 above - candlelight and Gregorian chants are about as good as it gets. Throw in a glass of wine and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've just had a lot of snow. I like it, but then again, I was fortunate not to get stuck with the bus anywhere. Several of my colleagues got stuck in terrible traffic or they just got stuck.

    I admire you for doing stretches of one and then on to something else. Mine would be: internet doing nothing of note, television, more silly things online, more television. Some knitting done in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Ah yes, but you have a paying job to occupy you; the important thing for me is to keep focused on my 'work' of nurturing Vedanta and living it. The rewards for that are relatively intangible and thus discipline rather more imperative! There are days, it has to be owned, where that falls apart. Some snow today, but mainly rain, which will wash away what snow is lying. I find the weeks between now and end of February to be the drearest of the year and start to long for spring. Yxx

      Delete
  7. Well, there are days we just sort of suffer through the days here in the US and Texas. We actually had snow, sleet and ice here in Central Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining in the fill-ins, I hope you will again sometime soon. I enjoyed your answers, although I am sorry you can no longer walk hills. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our mom is having a hard time with winter - it is snowing right now. Not that she regrets retiring but it is harder to fill the days in the winter when you are home all day
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. All our snow is gone now except for ShopRite's parking lot. It will be there until June. You're such an inneresting human, not at all like TW. She likes to do crossword and soduku puzzles before bed in the winter. Summer nights are baseball nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I'm usually a couple of days behind in my blog. I process the item for a few days, too. Sometimes, I know JB wants to see what we've done and I hurry it up. I spend a few hours reading news, as well.

    I shall have to look up faffing!
    I find it hard deciding who to visit. Some, like yours, I have a newsfeed into my mailbox. Then I get ahead of myself, and read the last post before the earlier ones!
    I miss my newspaper and coffee time, though. We've cancelled it, as it was just getting smaller, and had too much ads.
    cheers from away! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yamini, I adore you. I am not sure how we crossed paths, but, I am glad that we have. #4 is a great answer! But, I identify with #2, too. You rock, my friend. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. How can I subscribe here? I lost Google+, but won't go back, now.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏