WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoguddling; what you find when you're not digging

I struggle to recall exactly how it came about; was on a research gig online (as is my wont), that much I do know. This is the blog of the no-wummins-land which is menopolyxinaemia, remember. More to the point, I do not. Remember.  If it happened sometime in the last ten minutes, it is sure to be lost in the grey matter. Make that ten weeks. Months... I digress. Another part of menosoup. Menosoup being the symptomatology of menopolyxinaemia.

Moving on. The thing I came across was this artist's generous offering of fun. Reading the instructions is essential for getting started. Here is the first of my efforts from it.































Well, to be fair, only the actual spiro came from the site. Having downloaded the file, I then worked infill colour in Paint. It is another, different, way to create mandalas. Something made me ask the question, and I came upon this second site offering similar.






















There are no instructions for this one, but it doesn't take too much experimentation to work it out. In some respects, I found it more flexible. Both will take practice to get any worthwhile results. Again, I downloaded and then tinkered with Paint and Phoxo.

Did you have a Spirograph set as kids? It was one of my favourtist toys. That and Etchasketch. Then the Meccano set, and aeroplane models. We were an equal opportunity family. Those that wanted prams got one. If we wanted the chemistry kit and soldering iron, there was no 'that's for boys' muttered or 'how about a toy kitchen set?' If you wanted to help grind down the valves in the car engine with your father, you were welcomed. Gender no barrier. Thanks dad.



15 comments:

  1. Your art is very intriguing to me. I love the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equal opportunity..that was funny.
    One year I asked for and received a Dale Evans outfit, holster and all.
    Betsy Wetsy Doll with crib.
    Hugs HiC
    Oh Aunty is is snowing to beat the band. Has been doing so for about hours. I have a brief video on tomorrow's post...at least I hope it will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister got the spirograph, when it was made. We previous kids got the etch a sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mom loves that kind of thing - beautiful creations. Mom had a spirograph and the grands have them too:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember being envious of friends who had spirographs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED my spirograph, however, I had a baby sister who chewed the heck out of it! My Mom was worried she would swallow pieces so she tossed it out!
    The one online is going to keep me occupied fr a while!
    Thanks!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house was similar, and I loved it. I've always loved to do things that are not typically female - and my parents never blinked an eye. I didn't have a spirograph but I did have an etchasketch. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the spirograph!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my sprograph was my FAV!!!! I would play for hours makin' all kinds of cool pics! This is so cool!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had one and I have to admit that I hated it... my creations were never as cool as the ones of my cousin and she always laughed at me and called me stupid... a real cow-sin ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      That is no good at all... time to erase that memory and redraw the picture!!! Click one or other of those links and play away - the beauty of these online is that if you think it is not working, you can disappear them at the click of a button and nobody ever has to know they were made... I can't tell you how many times were used to come to that first one!!! For you, the second link might be easier. Go on, give it a go and prove to yourself you can creat SPIRO!!! Yxx

      Delete
  11. Hello, I remember the Spirograph and the Etchasketch. They were both fun to play with! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yamini, It seems to be some interesting game but it is all Greek to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! We sure did play with spirograph!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I am older than your parents, I only had a chisel and flat rocks. Teheee. Looks like fun. I have been doing some of your creations on the puzzle site. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏