WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menobaddy [men-oh-badd-e]; resulting from the condition of being out of sorts.


One of the things that has put me out of alignment of late is insomnia.  Now look this is not a stranger and I am sure just about everyone experiences this at one or more points in life.  Causes can be many.  Generally the root of the trouble can be located - but not always admitted to - such as having overindulged at dinner, being overworked or other lifestyle obstacles.

As age progresses, though, it is an established fact that sleep starts to elude one. At least up to that point when all it does is hang around for as many hours as it can. Preferably whilst you're in public view.

In case during these early stages of getting to know each other, Dear Reader, it may not have occurred, I would advise you that in thinking terms I am one for logic and application.  There is a need to see patterns in things such that educated estimates of what will happen next can be made.  I have been rather good at this throughout my life as programmer, logistician, loans officer, Homoeopath/healer…. (J  how's that for a potted albeit incomplete resume?!)  Anyway, my point is, I can find no reason or rhythm to this insomnia.  I had the odd night or two over the past year which were shut-eye-less.  Food is completely under my control.  As is spiritual sadhana (practice such as prayers). 

Since Year of the Snake 2013 hit the ground running, so did my sleep.  Haven't seen it for dust.  (We get a lot of that in Mumbai - up to your armpits if you leave it as much as three days you dirty housekeeper you… [Note to self, snakes don't run. They slither.  Did my sleep go a-slithering?]... Digression, YAM! Focus.)

Not altogether a bad thing (insomnia - in case you forgot), as much contemplation has been getting put in its place.  It has also fostered, in the wee small hours, a suite of blogs!  Who'da thunk it?  Little old troglodyte amma taking to the etherways.  Encouraged of course by  discovering there were many others of a certain age waving the flag for maturity on the 'net.

But this has to be OUR secret okay?  No one here can know about it.  It is my little rebellion against the establishment - I love the establishment.  I love the discipline.  I love Vedanta.  But I need a pressure release valve and you are my confidantes.

I know.  It's a shame.  So much for renunciation. YAM's gone wild.  She's a menobaddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏