WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-now-view


...okay I'm stretching it a bit with that title.  Just thought that having recently posted twice in relation to the openness which has appeared before my window, you might like see the actual fence.

If you noted the bird picture back on the 11th inst, or indeed any of the 'critters' posts over at MY TAKE, then you will have a fair idea of how it was - covered in morning glory and bougainvillea the entire fence was alive with nature's little darlings.  Here's another just to help with the 'aww' factor.


 Even in winter it was bountiful.

Then along came the garden wreckers from the place next door.  Hack, cut, strip and burn.  They were at it for a couple of days.  Then over another two or three, the team of lads in white (in pairs) took turns at monkeying up the wire with their hammers and chisels.  To do what?  Would you believe rust removal?

Yes ladies and gents,  whack the becrivens out of a metal post and it WILL shed tears of red.   Beats me how the workers knew that the posts were not simply going to crumble to earth with themselves atop it all.  Not that I was wishing for any such spectacle.  It was quite enough watching the mallets avoid the toes, the knees or, indeed, the balancing fingers.  Then there was the empathy for buttocks pressed along a three inch bar.

After many long days, the painters came.  Same workers, different tools.  Despite having entered ashram premises for 'nudifciation' of the fence, they did NOT appear to deem it necessary to offer to paint our side - just the bits the big-paying guests are going to see.  Thus, the view from 102 is now this….


Sigh… and the things I've seen already!! 

Not quite the same as watching all the flutter-byes and saying hello to my furriends - but there is entertainment to be had nonetheless. 

What? Noooo, not now.  &*>

Tomorrow.  I promise.

4 comments:

  1. A squirrel, how appropriate for today, It's play day. Yeah
    And fireman Sam has got the flu again. And by the way a new devotee, called him sergeant major. I can hear your giggles sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...I expect a full report then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't feel that's a fair exchange, Yam, though I agree that there could be some fun people-watching to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    I agree Perpetua-ji - but there was no consultation in the matter I fear. Thus one makes the best of it! &>

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏