WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoloopal Tuesday

The day in which I get to whinge, moan, cry and ask the question "WHY?"

Blame Aitch.

I'm a bit ropable (that's Aussie for menoloopal), 'cos she said, "what's your bucket list?"

WHAT? Now I have to keep a list of what's in my bin???

"Noooo - the 50 things you'd like to do before you die."

You gotta be kidding me?  Look, it's not that I'm menoloopal AT Aitch.  Rather it is that am ropable 'cos have spent ages trying to list 50 things.  Realised that have lived in the vein of 'if not done now it never will be'.  Thus the list is short. Have been there, done that and have waaay too many teeshirts.

Am not one for the daydreamy-what if-if only-I wish kind of thinking. Am focused on managing the life that presents before me each day, rather that trying to invent it.

Result it is some of it reads like invention anyway!!

I want to play the game which seems to be a 'thing' these days.  Determined I will not disappoint my friend, I am working hard at producing something that will entertain as well as - perhaps - prove useful to me.

So keep watching, it's on its way.

Meanwhile, it's driving me menoloopal.



3 comments:

  1. That's not far you haven't even listed one thing. I have added go to see a play at The Globe in London and also the Minack Theatre in Cornwall, the one right on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have many things left to do, either. I'd like to see Scotland again, particularly the Highlands and the Islands, even if I only see Skye, but I'd really love to visit Eriskay.
    I had done most of my "wants" long before I ever heard the expression "bucket list" — things I want to do before I kick the bucket.
    I'm getting old. But I still had fun today, planning what I'd do in the corner of my living room if I had a couple of solid wood doors, some 2x4s, two dog doors, and some wallboard. I think the dog needs her own entrance porch, but I don't think she'll learn to dry herself with a towel.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    LV - no darlin', I HAVE - just cannot get it to 50!!! Don't worry, like I said here - it's on its way. Hmmmm that Cornwall theatre sounds interesting, must look it up.

    Kay - yes that was rather my point here! It's a tough thing to get out when life has been grabbed already. But am having a jolly good go at it. Keep watching... HAH, I loved the image of renovation by imagination! xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏