WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me?...no...

Hari OM and welcome to Sunday - which, if you follow Gregorian traditions, means the start of a new week. That's a good thing.  The one just ended has not been one of my favourites.  Never mind eh?

Thank you all for being patient with my minimal posts and substitution of words with pictures.  Am doing it again!

This one is borrowed (of course!).  It was needed for myself but thought to share it...somehow in all the tumble over the past few days, even my own sadhana has been compromised and I couldn't pin down why fractiousness and fragility were rising. Rarely do I make tactical mistakes, but when I do it tends to be in spectacular fashion.  This is the Lord's way of ensuring I pull on my own reins, as it were.  There was such a moment last afternoon. Nothing that will shake the world. But  it shook mine for a while.  Then I found this and immediately went into prayer.
Gangotri...copyright to Yamini Ali MacLean




Only the ego can hurt.  "I" cannot.  "I" am
not this ego.  "I" am merely the witness.

Ego is as the rocks, standing against the forces of life.  Yes this will mean buffeting, grinding, polishing.  This is as it ought to be.  

Lord, please help me remember "I" am neither the rock nor the water. Having become identified with the body, ego has overtaken me. In this case my job is to BE polished.  You Alone can do the polishING. 


...and in prayer His cool presence washes away the pricking ego and the very air around seems to be purified.  

There have been times in life when I have forgotten Him.

He has NEVER forgotten me.


4 comments:

  1. Too right, Yam. Sometimes we all forget. I just hope we don't all forget at the same time.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you have a better week. My momma had a tough one last week too. Her bad weeks are good for me though....lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why my favourite poem of all time is Footprints. Because he is the one who carried me through the last few months, the toughest test I have ever had to face. And the last verse which says,
    " My precious child, Iove you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you saw only one set of footprints, it was there that I carried you"
    I will never ever in my life again, question why or his trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Kay - oh my, that doesn't bear thinking about!

    Taffy - oh my darling doggy, there's noting like those hugs, what?!

    Mahal - .....Love with the capital 'ell'.....

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏