WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menofilcher from Dunoon - still filching but with a curling accent...



oh dear... here I am sitting on the third floor of the rather elderly Argyll Hotel building and only 10 mins to going live.  Again.  

I got a tad behind in leaving Edinburgh due to the ladies curling semifinal.  GB to play for bronze medal tomorrow.  Arrived mid arvo at the hotel and was given a top room.  Sea view, small and cosy.  Once settled, down I went to watch the curling and have a light but delicious pasta salad for tea.  Back to room to watch the men complete there game against Sweden.  Last stone won it.  We play Canada for the silver/gold position.



"Team GB" is of course a purely Scottish affair.  It is of course a Scots game.





Now I am late..............

3 comments:

  1. My grandmother used to enjoy curling. My non-Scottish grandmother, who became a MacKenzie by marriage and took up the Scottish sport. I remember her curling broom was really a broom.
    So the question is, am I hoping Canada beats Scotland? No, I'll be proud either way.
    So glad you made it safely to Dunoon. A small, cosy room with a sea view sounds lovely.
    No decision yet re August, I'm afraid.
    Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a very bad girl and haven't watched any of the Olympic events. Maybe I will look to see if there are any curling matches left to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't been watching the Olympics, but DH became completely hooked on the curling and spent a lot of time engrossed in the competition as the finals came closer.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏