WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Views; Less Speak More Peek.

ANNOUNCEMENT; I have come to rather a momentous decision... this will be the last time (at least for a while) that a linky will be included with this Tuesday post. LSMP has been with me as an idea from the beginning of the blog; when I happened upon the WW meme with NCSue, I gladly joined in and have continued to do so....till now.

It's a time thing. Blogging, as you are all aware, requires it. However I am now also maintaining a creative activity alongside my study and writing activity, thus time has become expensive for me. Tuesdays have tended to be submerged in only following through on linkies for LSMP/WW - and please know that it has been a great source of delight! - but this is one area where I can readily 'streamline'. There are a few of you who now turn up on my G+ pages, so I will be keeping 'tabs' on you, but this must be done in order to preserve some sanity and to recover some balance on days which have become very topsy-turvy over the past couple of months.

It's like partying; one can only maintain that lifestyle for a limited period before it takes its toll! By all means, for regular visitors and commenters, if you would like to keep dropping by on Tuesdays and leaving links in the comments box, you are most welcome, but I hope you will forgive me if I am not so regular over at your place.

Of course, I will feel the withdrawal. ...and you never can tell with the YAMster!!! So it's not 'goodbye' merely 'farewell'...
























Took a friend on a little local tour last week; we left in pouring, driving rain. By the time we got round the Holy Loch to Kilmun church, the sky was blue... and the wind was ice...





























...That cemetery is every bit as steep as it looks... and the land glowed in its muted (and, yet, so vibrant) colours, following the washing it had received...


As we drove round that peninsula, towards Ardentinny, the sky darkened, again the rain came and, THEN, so did the sleet!!!

We were driving single-track, watch-out-for-deer-sheep-haggis, 40 degree-angled hills and hairpin bends in that muck. At one point the Little Ren nearly drew up her wheels and refused to ride. Can't say I blame her. However, it was as far back as to go forwards, so we kept on keeping on... into glorious sunshine and 12'C again. (That's warm for round these parts, let me tell ya...)


































20 comments:

  1. Hello Yam, lovely views and scenic shots. I can understand your time is important and life gets in the way of blogging.. I enjoy your post and will be visiting your new post as often as I can. Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Thanks Eileen - the daily posts will be here - it is simply that bloghopping has to be given away for a while... there just so many time units in a day!!! Yxx

      Delete
  2. Those shots are fantastic. We have never heard anyone say time is expensive but it is so true. We really like how you phrased that!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      ..thanks doodz... and here I am sitting at the keyboard way after midnight AGAIN.... this creating stuff is a gobbler, a guzzler - nay - a veritable thief of time!!! Yxx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful mountain road, great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite a weather adventure. I like the last shot very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun to visit your site and see where you have been and what you are up to. Have a great week, Yam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of a great travel...
    I understand you, blogging and visiting all the others and commenting.. takes many time
    (if I had friends here in my area, I would not do... but as an autistic woman it's hard to find really friends - ). Wish you good luck with all the other good things, have a nice time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Thank you Mascha; the internet is definitely a wonderful place of outreach for everybody! Every now and then, though, withdrawal is the better course of action ... and as stated, this is not likely to be permanent. Just need some re-prioritising this end! Be safe and be well!!! Yxx

      Delete
  8. Your photos are great... I would like to discover this old cemetery to read the stones and to ponder about the people there...
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      funny you should mention this, Easy... for there was actually a whole lot of info there about how to read the older stones 'code' and the oldest stone is considered to date back to the 15th century!!! I need to go back and properly explore just that church - major historic interest there.... Yxx

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos as usual I am soooo jealous of your views heheh!
    Have a scenictastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos, I love the one in the rear view mirror. As for the last linky, I stopped having one for WW months ago. For me, it was a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, sleet! Lovely views.
    I understand about your linky and your time. My late mom used to say, prioritize your crises!
    Good choice. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      hehehe - well, the plan is to AVOID things becoming critical, but I appreciate the sentiment! .... yes SLEET.... and tonight again the temps are tumbling and the weather man just mentioned FROST.... strewth; remind me again why I left Australia.....??? Yxx

      Delete
  12. Balance is one of the keys to happiness!

    We just love these shots....such wonderful landscape and that stone fence is so perfect as a foreground!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure you didn't secretly move to Norway? Because the weather sounds like the weather we have over here: pfrt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The view across the water with the moody sky is a truly lovely shot

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏