WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSunday; Life Lived Easy

Easy Rider spoke of how he and his peeps like watching Midsomer Murders the other day... I admitted I like a good murder mystery too.  I am also a die-hard Trekker. Then there's the work of JRR Tolkein...



The books, of course, far outweigh anything, but there can be no denying the tour-de-force of Peter Jackson's movie work.  I have the same love and admiration for the writing of Terry Pratchett (recently departed). Sadly the movies of his stories don't match up.

I had also forgotten to comment to Easy about an old favourite which is not shown here in UK but I grew to love and would never miss in OZ - a certain Austrian canine detective series..... Komissar Rex.  Do you know it?  Here's one!!! Not many online, so will need to see if I can obtain the DVDs.



I note that the tubular has been tinkering with its layout and functions this week, so I hope that you can view these vids okay - should at least be able to press the watch later clock and find them that way... Rex deserves the whole screen anyway!!!

..and don't forget our invitation to Blogville!

5 comments:

  1. OMD OMD ANOTHER TREKKER???? As in STAR TREK???? Our Mom and Sister just ADORE anythingy and Everythingy about STAR TREK...
    Live Long and Prosper...PEACE and LONG LIFE... As the Vulcan's Say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very fond of Midsummer Murders but I've seen them all now, Star Trek I loved the first time around but not so much now but middle earth never much appealed I not sure why.MERLE.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never got into Star Trek or the Lord of the Rings. Even though I did see the first trilogy Peter Jackson made. I once tried to read a book by Tolkien, but couldn't get through it. At all!

    I did however see Kommisar Rex on both Dutch and German television. A great series with a great lead. And his handler wasn't bad to look at either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The videos worked great for us. Mom says we are not Trekkies but I do not know what that means.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our kids are big fans. I loved reading Lord of the Rings! We don't go to movie theatres anymore, though! Just cannot abide some people!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏