WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menolishables; for snackoholics

Oh my word what an incredibly busy day we had with the Blogville Rodeo... I hope you all enjoyed it and if you missed seeing any, you can check back three posts to catch up on it all!  Now... one needs to recuperate and some good tucker might help... I would substitute soya mince for the meat...but that's just me.. 

Click to biggify - or I am giving permission for you to copy these images for your personal use.

Puddocks!!!
Say what?

I said 'Puddocks'...
  1. "A puddock sat by the lochan's brim, An' he thocht there was never a puddock like him. He sat on his hurdies, he waggled his legs, An' cockit his heid as he glowered throu' the seggs."
In auld Scots, the language of the Borders and much of the East side of Scotland, puddocks means "frogs".

The verse thus translates as "a frog sat at the edge of the pond, and thought himself finer than other frogs. He sat on his haunches, waggled his legs and cocked his head as he stared through the reeds."

For reasons known only to the originator, the following recipe is called Puddocks. [This is one of the meat-based recipes, so I have never tried it.... if any of you do, do please leave feedback!]



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the translation! And for a minute we forgot where we were and thought you cooked up some froggies! Then we went DUH! It looks quite delicious!

    Your Cowboy Dood Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Pee Ess - Mom said you nailed it when you said running was meditation and not exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm--like pigs in a blanket, no covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pawfect Aunty Yam, I've been sooo busy I could just do wiv a little snack about now
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no clue that the scots share that passion for "puddocks" with France :o) butt your "frogs" look much better and I like the ingredients much more :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am putting all these recipes in a folder for future use, thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so restricted by hubby's food intolerances. I love reading about your adventures, though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏