WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSunday; Life Lived Easy

It has been mentioned already, that I am not - despite having a keen interest in technology - all that quick to adopt it at first run. There was a healthy dose of the cautious and sceptical engineered into my dee'an'ayyy. In part this is the 'if it ain't broke, why replace' attitude inherited from the high-thrift war generation immediately preceding my own. In part it is the Luddite saying 'it will lessen the experience and diminish mankind'. A large part of it is the logical me saying 'give it time to work out its bugs. Give it a decade.'

Image result for cd player clipartBy the time I am buying the 'new technothumpery', it has joined the ranks of the obsolete. Well. Maybe not that bad, but you get my meaning.

My first ever CD player was presented to me by the father in Sydney in 1991. This meant having to purchase a compact disc to be played upon the dratted thing. The very first CD I bought, was the digitised issue of a cassette tape I had just about worn out anyway.

Bach's Brandenburg Concertos. Now, I feel about Bach the same way I feel about Jethro Tull; too much is never enough. So what on earth to pick for this little challenge ... (thank you Gail...{8~/) Actually, not so very difficult. Being a recorder player, this was one of the all time favourites.



Image result for first advent candle

3 comments:

  1. Love me some J.S.! Interesting that you are also a Jethro fan. You are a mystery we think!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. To each his own and in this case neither Phil nor I are fans of Bach but I know others find him enthralling. More the music of Chopin, Beethoven and Tschaiwosky (spelling?) for Phil. I also enjoy their work but hidden deep within me is a love of proper rock and roll i.e. Bill Haley et al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Bach has to be in there.
    Last week I went to a performance of Bach's Goldberg Variations, adapted for strings and accompanied by modern dance, The music was exquisite, the dance element was, frankly, weird!
    Hope all's well Down Under. Just started snowing here in Aberdeen.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏