WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSunday; Life Lived Lovingly

Something just a wee bit different today. Each morning as I rise, I do some yoga stretches. Aids the waking up, gets the muscles alert, opens the lungs... balances the heart, not just physically, but if done with the correct intent, emotionally and spiritually also.  There are even a set of stretches I do before rising, which I call 'dogasthenics' as I got the idea for them from Jade. I had grown a bit slack on these after shifting to Scotland. However, got started again with 2016 and am glad of it.

As I was purusing Vimeo recently, came across this video which I felt was appropriate for this page. Qigong (Chi Kung) is a Chinese yogic form. Yoga is, of course, Indian. I was intrigued, firstly, that the performer here appeared to be standing on what looks like Scottish coastline... and then that he combines both the Subcontinental and the Oriental forms. It only took a click to his website to discover he is, indeed, Scottish (though lives and works out of Ireland - nearly there!) and that he does, in fact, combine the two. What struck me about this video clip is that only the sound of the sea is there, which in itself is soothing and relaxing and a great way to start the day. If you do nothing else but set Love in your hearts, sit straight and relaxed, then breath deeply as you watch Simon go through the exercises, you will benefit... but how more so if you chose to give one or two of these exercises a go?! I have done so for the past week and am loving the variety to my morning routine.

The sun is the ultimate vision of Life and Love; where Simon says to hold the Golden Sun, see also the Universal Heart and capital 'ell' Love!!!


Universal Energy Arts Academy Golden Sun Chi Kung from Yogi Cho on Vimeo.

9 comments:

  1. I have fallen off the yoga wagon, must get back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an expert at yoga, Aunty! I always do my stretches when I wake up. Mum used to. She must start again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have taught our mom the impawtence of stretching and REALLY making it a total body experience. It makes all the difference. We will try this when we are by the ocean next month!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom knows she should learn yoga but just never has before

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never tried yoga... but you waked something inside of me... that's a thing I even can do together with the pup ( I hope so lol) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in the early 1990's I worked w a tenured professor (who at that time, was my current age). I once asked how he managed to never have to teach 8:00 am classes. He told me had had pulled his time with 8 am general physics classes. These classes are huge and for non majors.
    He said as he aged it became obvious that in order to get going each day he had to do lots of stretches each morning. At the time I was clueless to his need to stretch....know I identify w him
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee loved the meditation time after particularly the violet meditation which frees us of the illusion of time and space as fixed realities and the white light meditation. Lee had one instructor that she loved the rest sucked, that is why she stopped. Though on our laptop we do have downloaded a free yoga video
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took yoga, Yam, just as I was divorcing. I'd love to start the day with a stretch, but Annie is ALWAYS hungry, as you know!
    I think I finally convinced Joe to feed them on the floor. Maybe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good way to start a day! janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏