WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menowerdatop; too much sport is not enough

Let me be blunt. I am a winter Olympics hussy, yes I am. That's why I was glad of the Blogville Valentine's break-away to the jolly cheerful Paris this week. I haven't had to think too hard what to share with you each day. That applies for this post, too, 'cuz I's jus' gonna say, there aren't enough screens, enough channels or enough hours to suck in all the sport as far as I am concerned. What do I like to watch?

Easier to say what I don't. Putting aside the fact one can only watch what is available from the BBC. They are doing a pretty good job, though. The one thing I don't watch is the Moguls. I just don't get the fascination of skiing over mega-molehills (which, I like to think, is how the sport got named; but no, 'tis more mundane than that. The term mogul is from the Bavarian word "Mugel", which means mound or small hill. Close, but no moles). Anyway, much too bone-juddering for my liking. Not that the other sports lack the potental for bone-juddering. One British athlete had to withdraw from snowboard slope-style due to injury. Two metal pins in her heel. There have been some spectacular crashes and tumbles, but these kids are made of teflon. I mean, really, are winter Olympians not the closest thing we have to superpeeps??? Look at them!!!





















































































































CLICK HERE FOR MORE
Okay, I've been doing other stuff in between times. Filling in, as it were...
1. My Chinese zodiac animal is, PIG
2. My zodiac sign is, TAURUS
3. Income tax season... REALLY? I don't earn, so no need to pay.
4. In hindsight, I DID OKAY.

13 comments:

  1. if the word sports is involved i never watch, none at all, no football or base or basket ball, no Olympics. i have watched ice skating a few times and high diving, but only a few times in my life. i don't even stay in the room when it is on, i take my book and go read or play on computer.... hubby loves summer Olympics and some of the winter but not all and anything that has wheels or a ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice dancing and figure skating and OMCs snownboarding....getting that high w/o wings is amazing.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      I love all the skating, and the snowboarding is fabulous. Curling is my absolute favourite... but yeah, it's going to be tragic if I don't switch off and get some sleep soon!!! Yxx

      Delete
  3. I love all the Winter Olympics, some more than others. All of the skating is at the top. I enjoy the snowboarding and the luge a lot too. The rest is just fun to see and wonder if I could ever have done that too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like almost all of it - except hockey. Been watching a lot of curling but don't quite understand it
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Valentines Day!
    Work has been extremely hectic and tone of overtime this week. Good thing I teed up Marv's posts on Sturday for this week
    Marv sends whiskery kisses (and he does kiss)
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ma LOOOOOVES the Olympics!!!! She watches every night, and tries to cheat to find out who won before it airs on the teevees!!! ☺ The US is kinda sucking this time, butts it is so fun to watch all the events anyhu!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees....GO TO BED!!!!!! heheheee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Olympics too but I get burned out if I watch too much so I'm sticking to a few sports - most involve skiing but I also love speed skating, especially short track.

    Enjoy!!! It happens only once every 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are with mister churchill: no sports ;O))) but I remember a very famous ski jumper, Eddie the Eagle... if he was in tv even the mama watched the event...do you know what happened to him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...my...gosh! You are a Pig, too. I am not surprised, really. But, I am happy! So, April 26. That was almost my birthday! My mother carried me way over, after almost losing me at 7 mo. YAM, we are meant to be friends, perhaps sisters. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so fun! We've been glued, actually taped, to the screen. We have to tape as the hours can be bizarre for us! We're getting good coverage on TSN.
    It was a big trip to the city yesterday, long story later! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we had time to watch more Olympics. I also wish they didn't combine everything into a mish mash of viewing. We like the figure skating best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is much to enjoy while watching these super human efforts. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏