WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menogoggulating: The Reveal


As promised last week...

Over at the A-Z hub, it has been suggested that the really keen among the 'volunteers' might like to announce the depth and breadth of their plans for the April challenge.

It is a fact that one does not actually have to have a theme, as such. For those unfamiliar and who do not necessarily want to press links, the idea is pretty basic... blog every day of April, except Sundays, and each day ought to relate to the letter of the alphabet for that day. April this year starts on a Sunday, so we ignore that rule this once in seven years.

I have seen this around the place but have never thought to attempt it. Now that I have finally decided to dip my toe in the water, I figured it would actually make sense to tie all the posts to one theme, as this will surely help to complete the challenge. Those of you who have hung around here for any amount of time will know full well that I have no problem blogging every day - and that too on three blogs. So why take it up?

Well... yes, you guessed it... because it's there. That, and I was asked nicely to join in.

What will I do that will make posts different from my usual and comply with the alphabet rule? (Drum roll, please...)


WORDS... possibly wise

The title does not really help, does it? Okay. The reason I got asked to do this challenge was based on the recent ahimsa post. Mainly, it was a request for 'more please'. Therefore, I have lined up twenty-six Sanskrit words which offer insights to self-improvement and conduct.

Why not do this challenge on the teaching blog (Aatmaavrajanam) then?

Mainly because that blog has got set lessons in place for the month already. Also, at no time in any post there, is the personal pronoun used in reference to the teacher and, furthermore, it's serious. These A-Z posts can undoubtedly remain impersonal, but it will be good to have the freedom to dip into self-reflection and even some laughter - at least for some of them. That is more in keeping with this bloggy, which is my haven, my release valve, my padded cell...

Just in case you think I may have forgotten - no, FFF will still happen! I intend to make the post of April 27th another Hindertwig episode, but it will be based on the letter क्ष  (ksh/x) as well as a page 87 perThe FFF Rulez

Hope you'll stick around for the ride!  Oh, and I will be posting on Sundays - apart from the 1st they will be the Menokakkuls which would typically appear on Wednesdays - given that the rest of the month will effectively be all much like MenoSundays...  ah, there, you see, it will be a month of Sundays here at Menobloggy!!!

20 comments:

  1. since 2009 I have had several friends join in this challenge, but have never had the desire to join in. like you my blog is my release valve, i post daily STUFF, kind of like a journal that wanders in and out of my mind, daily life, memories, what ever POPS in my head. i can't seem to POP when I have a letter to go by. waiting to see how creative you get with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what ya do wif it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seem less meme, challange, and blog hop is less and less.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are anticipating learning quite a bit here during April:) Good luck with the challenge.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing where the letters lead you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your theme has me bamaboozled and I need to come back to read to figure out what this is about. It had piqued my curiosity and I hope I will be enthralled. All the best for the challenge.
    Theme Reveal My Love affair with books #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious... it sounds very interesting and it is great to read different posts to see how different our thoughts are ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative to use Sanskrit as a theme - x sorted in one fell swoop! :-) All the very best for a fun April and successful A-Z

    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your drum roll :) and it sounds like a great theme too. Most fascinating. Hope the April is a great month.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yam! I am so excited! You have so much to offer! Big hugs!
      ​A to Z Theme Reveal
      Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

      Delete
  11. I shall look forward to your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As one of the three who have their theme in the Spiritual category, I'll be back to see what you do with this challenge! Good luck!


    Gail Park

    Making Life an Art

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting, Yamini! The mere act of reciting Om gives me peace, so am sure the 26 words you discuss will be a buffet for thought. Nupur, nutatut.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This should be a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am quite looking forward to this! Your divergent path will let me explore a new path!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to everyone's themes this year. I've had a wonderful time preparing for mine....Bookstores!
    The architecture, location, a great booklovers destination. Hope you have time to come and visit. Have fun. Stephenyhoughtlin.com

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏