WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menobservayshunul; Rounding Off

I know, it's not Film Club day. However, when preparing yesterday's post, I stumbled upon these two clips which tie in perfectly with the main theme of this week and seemed like the best way to end it.

The first is about the takeover by the National Trust and does mention how it is 'not necessarily comfortable or safe'  to visit there; backing up my decision to refrain from the intended trip over there on the recent sojourn! The second is just a beauty-run with a drone showing the cold-war buildings. Notably the 'pagodas'. The design was such that, in the event of an explosion, the columns would just collapse and the solid roof would fall and seal the chamber completely. (The music is pretty good and suits the scene well.)


11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Bcat did so enjoy yesterday's post. We will watch these together..
    Well done on your happy accident find.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible drone footage.
    I want to go there now.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad, stark, scary, beautiful, amazing, all of those. the drone really gives a good view of it and I can see it would not be comfy to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing video ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - that was quite the view. It is amazing what a drone can do (and a little scary too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!!! thanks for sharing so much fabulous things, so I can enjoy your wonderful country without being there... but we will come, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Internet is REALLY slow today. I shall show these to JB later. We're getting a heavy rain, finally! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drones are great fur aerial views, seeing areas from a totally different perspective butt have to be used with caution. Living near an airport I nose they can be dangerous AND I was less than impressed when one flew over my house when I was sun puddle surfing....catching a Princess on film in her 'private' moments is just not on!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again I am speechless! Like something out of a movie
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much stuff to wrap my mind around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of the radar sites here! Bizarre, truthfully.

    BTW we spoke to a young historian here. He tells us there are tunnels all under Perth, which connected the buildings back in 1816!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏