WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menopuggled; everything's catching up

Phew. Anybuddy else feeling the speed of the year? I know, I know - faster and faster the older one gets. Well at this rate, I'll be a 100 in a month. Sigh...

Managed to get all my land-cards sorted before leaving Edinburgh and, hopefully, by the time you are reading this all my e-cards will have been sorted too. Pressie-giving is low-key and has also been attended. Now I just need a good lie down in a darkened room.

Am not sure if it was the frenetic travelling throughout the summer months, or the breaking of the wrist - or perhaps both - but something has definitely made this year seem to melt as if a dream. All my philosophical training tells me everything is a matter of perception and to increase one's presence 'in the moment' will cement a greater feeling and appreciation of the passing of events. It would be fair to say that I applied that very consciously and can recall lots of little things of the year very clearly. Yet, it is still as if in a dream. Did it all really happen?

Well, the wrist break definitely did. Still got the ache and splint to prove it. Then there are the photos from all the other. The evidence is there. But was I???

Don't fret. It's just that annual mental review that many of us do when faced with the closing days of the year.

Hey ho ho ho...


12 comments:

  1. In just a few days now I'll be meeting up with my other friend whose year was badly disrupted by a broken arm. I'm wondering if she's experiencing the same feeling of being in a dream. I'll ask!
    A lot has happened since our 'Snow Roads' weekend, that's for sure.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you YaYa. Since September things have just seemed like a dream. So much happening at once , one would think time would seem fast but it has been in slow motion. Love the animated Corgi
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've unfurled a theme. I broke much of the right side of me, first in July, then in October I broke some more. All the time spent recuperating away from home are hazy. I do vividly recall the therapists. The expert therapists who helped get me back on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom says this year seems like a blur - she can't figure out how we got to December already. We hope that arm and splint will soon be a thing of the past.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes time is going quicker and quicker now, as a kid it was years and years between the years now it all over in the blink of a eye.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. we see it like you... this year became unreal somehow ... and the mama is glad that so much peeps feel the same, so the reason is not that she is getting old LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom says that the days and weeks and months just speed by and we are not even as busy as some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you find things balance out in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes ~ year has gone by quickly ~ and holiday season always comes rather quickly unless you are a 'wee one' ~ Love the corgi !

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like just yesterday or at the most just a month or two ago I was in a recovery room looking at our precious son. I can still hear one of the other young new mother's asking for her baby and her painful sobs being told the baby was dead. The staff quickly moved her to a different, private room so as not to disturb the 6 or 7 other new mom's. Yes, certain moments stay with us a life time as that happened over 45 years ago. Of course the joy of our son that we were told we would likely never conceive is certainly a joy. The pregnancy had been confirmed just a couple of days before Christmas, 1972.

    ReplyDelete
  11. since the day I retired Time has been on Fast Forward, the only thing that slowed it down was Bob's stroke, but that was last year, this year has gone by like a rocket ship..... I think the more that happens the faster it goes.. waiting for something to happen can slow it a little. we are all still alive and moving around and eating and sleeping, at our age we are happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you, sister! I am working hard to get outdoors when the sun shines. And I took a nice forest walk. They helped, too.
    I'm struggling with yet another new Christmas tradition, as the kids visit from out west. We'll see how that goes! I'm trying to relax!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏