WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSundays; Life Lived Lovingly

February is my 'personal challenge month'. There's just something about it... in recent years I have tried to turn the negative to a positive and make it a month of meditation and meaning. This was helped somewhat by the fact that I moved into the Hutch five years ago this week.

Five years. Blink of an eye.

Here, in my guha (cave), kutira (cottage), ashrama (hermitage) - my Hutch (place of shelter), I ponder. Some of my ponderings of late:

FAITH; there are the dictionary meanings, but what does it mean on a personal level?

TRUST; might this seem to be related to faith? Certainly, there is an element of this but again, there may be more than the word to deal with.

DEVOTION; we can sometimes view this as something a little negative. As some kind of bondage. Yet there are bonds which are definitely beneficial to us.

PHILOSOPHY; ...okay, this is a big one. Infinite, even. Particularly when you have a scientific turn of mind. Seeing is believing, right? Well... maybe...

BELIEF; you'd think this would speak for itself. However, many believe without seeing...

Thus it goes, when am left to my own devices - now prepare yourselves. I intend to explore each of these over the coming weeks. They will not be definitive explorations. There's probably not enough space in the universe for that.

Then again, perhaps the universe can be found in a single stare.

"Soksie", the Kolwan Guardian

7 comments:

  1. Soksie..... is a gorgeous Guardian....
    I thank you for your post today. It has stirred up some thinking which is good for the gray matter on a dreary cool blustery day.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soksie - so beautiful!!! We see you are in a very contemplative frame of mind:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Soksie. I can't believe it has been 5 years! Where does the time go. May your month of reflection be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my whole philospy is seeing is believeing except for faith, on that i believe what i can't see. trust is i trust no one, the old trust nothing you hear and only have of what you see. five years is truly a blink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a time for contemplation possibly the purpose of winter? It that what some animals do while in hibernation? I look forward to your month of exploring. Lovely painting of Soksie. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a tough month, isn't it?
    I got out into the sun and snow today. That helped me.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏