WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoquestioneering

"Q" - question everything, be prepared for answers.

No matter what you may think of biblical matters, today is not a day which can be entirely ignored. Every age has its martyrs, some more notable than others. They can only be so not because of their deaths, but what they did with their lives.

While the gospels may not give a full or accurate picture of the man from Nazareth (policemen everywhere will tell you that as many witnesses as they gather, as many versions of the same truth they will record), there is little doubt that such a fellow existed. The teaching has stood the test of time not because of the words themselves but because of the essence of Love behind and within them.

The questions we might ask of ourselves are these - "how deeply do I feel about something that I would be prepared to give up my life for it? That the principles of that belief be not compromised? At what point would my courage fail me?"

We all need heroes to look up to and take an example from. Today, one such hero is remembered for the ultimate sacrifice. His Quest was simple, to bring the message of 'Love one another.'


11 comments:

  1. YaYa what a beautiful message and image....
    Happy Good Friday to you DownUnder
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love one another is a good message for ALL of us - imagine if everyone ackshually did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem with religion but the church is another matter.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love one anther..yes indeed.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Good Friday to you and to all... and may we remember today why we celebrate easter ... it's not only for the eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always considered the fact that I question everything, a curse. I have always been that way. my problem being, I question and then don't believe the answers I find. but I do Believe Jesus is the son of God and that he will come again..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure question it. I see it more as a myth, this story. It is an amazing story, nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏