WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoluschable; collecting nice things

Adding a new word to the 'menoctionary' today. As has oft been mentioned here, the YAMster is a frugal lass. That doesn't mean she doesn't like nice things. Okay, enough of the third person.

I do. I do like nice things. I was brought up in that time of the baby boomers, whose parents still had the 'only if necessary' button on their financial workings. Not only because there wasn't much financial to work with, but also because during those war years (and before and after), there wasn't that much to be financial about. Luxury was for the very top end of the crowd who could work the financials.

**cough...**

Anyhoo. The point is, I am not a spender. However, when I see something I don't just like but can feel 'in me watters' that I can use and/or cherish, and providing I haven't gone over my monthly budget, I have been known to splash the cash. If it is something for the kitchen or an item of clothing, the worth is easy to justify. My earring collection expands once a year on my birthday and occasionally Christmas - although I might substitute those with a saute pan or chef's knife... clothing of late has been purchased with reward points gathered from grocery shopping and doing online surveys. My occasional art purchases are less easy to justify - not that I have to. I am answerable only to myself. Yet, there is money tied up on my wall which - very occasionally - I might wish I had in the bank account. I adore every single piece, though, and have no regrets at all in making my home just that bit more attractive with them to gaze upon.

The minute I saw the bracelets over at HerStorybyAllison, though, I knew I had to have one.

(I now realise that photographing something on myself and not have it look like it's hanging on a lamb shank is not easy...)

Some of you will know Allison as "Puddles' mum". I mentioned a few posts back that she had set up on Etsy.

This bracelet is adorable. A bit decorative for everyday wear, but definitely something for outings to lunch, theatre, a walk along the promenade (we have one of those in wee Dunoon - though not always the weather to use it) or, indeed, any outing where an element of chic is required.

If you are looking for a statement piece that is not going to break the wallet, do check out Allison's work.

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YaYa that is absolutely gorgeous. I love the turquoise bangle. My mind's eye can picture Puddles snoopervising her mom made this. We all know Puddles was big on things done HER WAY
    Hugs HiC
    PS
    Puddles, .if you are reading this guess who emailed me today and asked about you?
    Angel Declan (Deccy the greyhound in the YOU K) Mom Jane. I told her you didn't blog but you were on FB and Instagram shoulda mentioned your new profession as maker of Fine Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Puddles HiC aka Mom of Angel Madi...you probably don't know me as HiC...LOL

      Delete
  2. I like it. Funny thing with me, I love earrings but never wear them. And never wear anything but rings, and usually just my wedding band. But it doesn't stop me from loving things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      G'day and Failte Rose, thanks for dropping by! (I think I have seen you over at 'Mad Snapper's' page?) Yes, I have quite a collection of pretties that I rarely wear these days; mostly I too favour rings and earrings (but only when going out) though I do like bangles and bracelets. I can't wait for my first occasion to show this piece off! Yxx

      Delete
  3. you have just described me, I find it very difficult to justify things I buy and I always have to justify. every now and then I do what you did, but mine are rings. I don't wear bracelets, but if I did, I would wear this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      There are some pretty rings on Allison's shop page too... just sayin'...

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong enjoy a few luxury items.
    Nice bracelets
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. When they speak to you, that's bespoke, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the piece came up to (even exceeded?) expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just beautiful and looks lovely on your wrist. There is nothing wrong with splurging on yourself every now and again. You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bracelet is so beautiful ~ what a treat for yourself ~ and I would wear it everyday ~ You deserve it!

    Happy Day to YOu,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very partial to turquoise, though I tend to drift towards earrings...this is a very beautiful piece(on a beautiful model)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful! I found that my parents, similarly, tended to be frugal when they didn't need to.
    Mom worked herself to death, until she was 66, and she didn't need to. Having had a week with the kiddies, I can see how it wears one out.
    I feel that we spend money on local artisans and farmers. It is good to support them. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏