WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoffagainorrhoea; Suffolk Sojourn Day 5

Tuesday 27th August dawned as it had for all the previous days. Very warm and dry. We had already arranged to meet up with Cx and take off for the coast to a town called Dunwich.

It is rather famous

Long-termers among readers here will know that once a year, the YAMster breaks her sattvika diet and partakes of some 'fush and chips'. This was the trigger for the trip. Aitch recommended the fish cafe on Dunwich beach. It proved to be exactly as stated, and I was impressed with the quick service. I opted for whitebait with salad and chips. In the end, I only managed the whitebait because the plate was enough for three people! It was hot, fresh, and delicious. Aitch had battered haddock with her chips and Cx had the cod. We were more than satisfied. However, we didn't linger long at the table because, having sat inside to avoid the direct sun, it proved to be extremely 'fuggy' due to no airflow inside.

The other principal purpose of our trip that day was to find some geocaches. I love these outings, not that I am necessarily all that good in the treasure hunt side (Cx and Aitch are ACES at it), but because they are always in such interesting places - a lot of the time, churchyards, and I do love a good church and yard!

The things we do for 'treasure'
Polish Konik horses (feral/wild) are used for managing the marshes.
Sibton St Peter's church.
Dennington St Mary the Virgin


13 comments:

  1. LOL YaYa you ate the fish and chips so quickly no photos.
    What a beautiful day for a walk on the beach and geocaching. I've never done it either.
    The stain glass windows are beautiful.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to know more about the Polish Konik horses on the marshes.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful picture and what are chips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the church would be my place to be.... I would forget all geocaches (omg I remember our geocaching time, so many fails LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. one thing you had on your outing was beautiful lighting for all your photos. they are perfect. I love the clarity of the beach photos. a beautiful place to hunt for treasures and to do it with your treasured friends is even better. yum on the fish and chips, and I do know what chips are.. agree with Molly, the church is so beautiful... I love a good church and yard also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OMyes, we were definitely blessed with the weather - proper summery stuff... and in all my years, I don't think I have EVER seen the North Sea so flat and still. It was like a lake!!! Yxx

      Delete
  6. What a journey and wonderful photos!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah fish and chips by the seaside always good.
    Merle...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yam - whitebait and salad ... sounds delicious! Looks like it was a wonderful day - with lots of interesting places to see - the churches looks so interesting ... seems a great time was had by all - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful, again. You know how to build churches there!
    I started geocaching, then stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want fish and chips! What fun companions for you. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏