WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSundays; Life Lived Lovingly

Effort. A deep, meaningful and determined 
effort is necessary to research our
purpose and position in life. 

Of course, there must first be the call, the
impetus to begin such a research. This
can come out of a need engendered
from a situation or event in life that gives
us pause to reflect. Or it can come from
an inner imperative with which we were
born. Or - it can simply come out of 'left
field'. One day we just stop and ask, 
"WHY???" or "Who am I really?"

Then, usually, something will appear to
provide a signpost. If we are very lucky,
it will be the anchor to life and the tool
with which we can fully explore our
being-ness and shed light on how to
proceed in life.

How well we take on that philosophy,
what we do with it, will determine the
benefit. 

Philosophy never fails. Our application
of it does.


We live very much in the age of "I"-ness and "my-ness. So egotistical is this time, that an entire culture of equipment has risen to the top based upon the "i". You know what's meant here!

There is a confusion that arises from all this focus on "me". True, we need to understand our own motivations in order to make the most of life. However, the approach to that understanding, that unwrapping of our personality, is what makes the difference between time well spent on introspection, or time lost to indulgence. It can only be done by adhering to a discipline of some description. If we attempt it ad hoc or only cherry-pick at philosophy, we will never gain the full benefits and, quite often, land up in more mess than when we began!


8 comments:

  1. our president is the perfect example of I-ness and My-ness, if anyone needs someone to compare to... I do fine myself sometimes doing more of the me, my and I for myself. but then I think, I don't have much time left, I am going to enjoy ME... the time of being all about others and rasing kids is gone and now it is ME and Bob and Big.... unless something happens to make me say WHY? I am happy with my I-ness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do live in I-ness and My-ness and entitlement...we saw this a lot when still working.
    Folks starting at entry level thought they deserved so much
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quote ~ would be nice if the world could be so ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ness at word is talk about quality. Not sure in there a thing called peopleness.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your observation about the culture of equipment based on 'I'!
    Hadn't thought of that before.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to find a philosophy that resonates with me. Mind you, the time I have devoted to this is very little. Perhaps I should try and find more time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a condition that is still having tests run for a diagnosis to make one become too I centered. blessings, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OMJanice, we are talking here of folk who have nothing of such import deserving of internal focus. There will be times in life for most people, where such self-attention becomes necessary - imperative, even. There is nothing selfish when such needs arise. That said, there is, of course, a balance to be had even within such trials... we CAN be self-protective without losing the wider picture. Perhaps the upcoming posts will come together and assist that understanding. Yxx

      Delete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏