WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menooooook!

It's ninety-minutes to 'publish' time and I just realised I had not written a post yet. I've been back in the Hutch for three days and am not quite sure where the time went.

No. Be honest YAM. It was the usual dwalm of return after an extended absence. Sleep, eat, catch-up telly. Why the latter when I have clearly stated that the father has his box running almost 16/24 hours of the day? Simply because he watches virtually nothing that I would.

We do share a common interest in all things history and air-related. Thus, dad records programs from Forces TV on things like airfields of the UK, RAF histories and other such matters. I don't have access to that channel here, so win-win. We do enjoy programs on nature from the BBC and now that Death In Paradise is back with another season, we'll share that. Midsomer Murders is on an almost permanent loop, as are Endeavour, Vera, Frost...

For myself, though, there needs to be the catch up on Dr Who, Silent Witness, Wisting... and the Beeb have placed the whole box set of Merlin on the iPlayer.

That's just for starters.

When did I become so focused on the wee screen???!!! That man's a dreadful influence.

Here's the thing, though. I rarely am actually purely watching. Mostly I have the story narrating in the background and I am using the tablet for reading, or doing my puzzles... or I am scribbling notes on other matters, or am being creative in some way. I cannot sit for more than an hour with my hands idle. My brain also, apparently, needs more than one thing to be processing at the same time. Not entirely sure this is a good thing, but it's working for me just now, so let's go with it, right?

That said. I can be doing the puzzles or creative stuff without the screen going. Or if I am doing my serious researches, I have to have silence. So the screen is a mere sideline. A distraction. Rarely, in fact, a focus.

And this is a ramble. Something to fill a post. Fluff and dust to be flicked away from your screens as soon as you have read and gained nothing from it. I shall endeavour to add value next time!


20 comments:

  1. Hi Yam, Clearly, you have excellent multitasking abilities. Something that is popularly supposed to go along with possession of two X chromosomes, but sadly passed me by! Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hidey Ho YAM
    I always have music streaming when on the computer. Pandora has a great selection. Now when I'm reading it must be instrumental only.
    Enjoy your upcoming week. Any special plans?
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      I've decided 2020 is not a year to make plans for they will definitely go awry - just look at day one!!! The lurgy may be gone, but one can be certain something else is lurking in the undergrowth of perpetual change... Yxx

      Delete
  3. I enjoy rambling about whatever and when ever, since that is what I do on my blog. ramble on. I can't watch TV or a movie unless that is all I do. Bob has the TV talking if he is in the house, news and documentaries and cars shows. I hide from the noise when I can. the minute he walks out it goes off just for the silence. but when we watch movies or a tv show together, I have to focus only on the TV.. I also can't read with music playing in the background. and music in resturants makes me crazy. talking and music in a car makes me crazy. I listen to the radio in car if I am alone. that is why I don't go to theaters. I can't foucs on the movie because people are talking, getting up and down, eating and chomping and slurping. can you tell I am a loner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me think about my tv, which adds value. I don't watch much. If I want noise I will play a podcast. Enjoy your down time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like some TV watching too. Most of the time I'm usually working on some crochet too. Sunday nights are full of Masterpiece Theater which translates to all BBC productions usually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit paying another $40/month for TV after Laura left and I found nothing...n.o.t.h.i.n.g...of interest. I could move the TV into the studio and leave it on PBS. But then, audio books from the library are free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Yes, audiobooks are good too. They equate to that same thing of having the mind on something else.Here in the UK, in theory, our main channels are 'free to air'... but that's misguided, as we are forced to pay an annual fee (read 'tax' and which I expect will be up around 160 quid [$208] this year) if we have any kind of viewing device in our homes. Which means anyone with even an internet-connected telephone, cuz, of course, you are definitely watching teevee on that. Well. Millennials are, apparently. So there is a bit of me that is pure Scottish and wants my money's worth!!! Yxx

      Delete
  7. OUr mom is the same with the TV, usually doing some other things while listening/watching her shows
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have the tv as the background noise ... no one has a look for their crapola it just gives us the feeling to be not alone LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Yes, and that is mainly why the father has his on - even when he is in the deepest coma-sleep that even my foghorn voice can't penetrate!!! Yxx

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aunty Yam...did you mention Death in Paradise on your TeeVees watching list....LUFFS you xxx
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Oh yes, darling dog - I do LUFF a DiP or two!!! (I know that Bertie and his Gail are partial also...). Hope you and mum are going strong and dad's buttiepillars are flourishing and that life in 2020 holds much for you to look forward to! Yxx

      Delete
  11. The only time I watch the tele is in the morning, during breakfast, to catch up on the latest that's happening in this world.

    I do watch movies, but not very often. May one in a week or two. And while watching movies, it'sn't easy for me to do anything else. But that's possible if I am listening to music, or if it's news on the tele.

    ReplyDelete
  12. TV watching is a passive respite ~ especially after trip ~ sort of like 'nesting' I think ~ can be cozy and not really think much ~ enjoy ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do exactly the same thing. JB's been watching Mayday, which examines investigations on plane crashes. Honestly. We just watched the one on another plane shot down, accidentally, by the US.
    I love your puzzles. SOmetimes I work on the computer while he watches a game. It's a lovely relaxing things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean...I've gone back to doing some big crochet projects and love to have the television on in the background(Dr. Who is also one of my faves!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I listen to classical music until the TV goes on and then the music goes off. I must check out these shows. I"m always looking for something decent to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life changes and desires change. Not to even mention the body changes. But that keeps it fun, doing what our body or souls need at the time. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏