WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menorgglegarrrgle; The Looming Lurgy

WARNING. There may be TMI...

Dear blogpals,

Thank you to all who have enquired. My health is not good. A mysterious lurgy which appeared out of the rather unpleasant wind I had to walk against for some time last Friday. (At least, this is my assumption. It could also have been picked up from the bus trip over from the Hutch and taken only the wind to gestate it fully...)

Saturday, it was only a simple, but annoying cough and a feeling of lethargy. Overnight into Sunday, nausea and retching set in. A little of the down-under also, but nothing of any real concern.

Then the headache. I soon realised it was 'dry head' due to desiccation. I could not take in enough water (and keep it in) to redress the dehydration. So the head banged on. Lethargy turned to 'batteries dead'. Thankfully, I'd been able to contact Mac1 to come to take over dad's cares. Poor darling. It was supposed to be her holiday. A proper one. This coming Saturday is the fourth anniversary of The Maestro's passing, and because it was the leap year, it is the first proper occasion for noting that date. She will, on that day, serve Amy's memory well, as she will be assisting Amy's best mate Rhona (cerebral palsy) at a harp rehearsal for an upcoming concert. I can feel the Maestro wriggling with glee at that.

Most of this week I have been laid out. Getting even my shower done, is a marathon. Every move requires that I think about it for at least five minutes. Maybe hours. Anyway, here I am still trying to get my kit together and my dear sis is now showing signs of sniffles and snuffles. Add to all this the fact that the blokes are in converting the bathroom into a wetroom for dad, and it is all a bit ... crazy.

For the first time since starting, this blog now has some blank posts. I have none scheduled, so need to work at getting some in. Tomorrow is FFF. Let's see how I go. Saturday is easy.

Thanks for being here. If you weren't I probably won't know. Cheers from the sickroom.


14 comments:

  1. Oh Dear YAM...I am so very very sorry. I suspect the bug jumped on you during the public transportation and then the wind blew it all over you. I send you so many healing prayers and to Mac1 and I hope and pray Father stays well.
    Perchance to you think it is the flu. K10 came down with something very similar while on a work trip. She said it took her out for a week.
    We are thinking of you HiC and Bcat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you feel better soon. Maybe a trip to the doc wouldn't hurt to make sure you don't get too dehydrated. All paws are crossed that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about the blog - just look at ours:( Sounds like you got hit with a nasty bug. Feel better soon.

    Woos, Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. More important you sleep it off than fill blog spots. So please get well soon, dear Yam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. Please rest, and take care of yourself. It sounds a bit like the flu, which is nothing to be trifled with. Please get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to read.
    Please take care. Get well soon. Prayers _()_

    ReplyDelete
  7. hugs and lots of POTP to you... please feel better soon :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sorry you've been having such a rough time. You'll know to focus on rest and recuperation and not worry about future blog posts. Your dedicated readers will still be here.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sending tons of AireZen and healing vibes. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take it easy, Yam. It's no wonder you are sick. Caregiving is hard on the system. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so hope you are well soon and your sister ~ Lots of healing energy hugs to you both ~ Be well.

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry you are ill, prayers and hugs coming your way.. hope your sister is not ill by now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending vibrations of good thoughts into the universe for my YAM. May you and Mac1 both be healed quickly. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏