WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoscaping; A Kind Of Decorating

(As I prepare this post on Wednesday morning, I find that the 'new' Blogger editor has been tweaked yet again... presumably due to protests from all the old hands about the layout of the control bar - it is looking more like the legacy version again - woohoo!)

I needed a project other than slippers for my crochet hook. Neighbour M was enamoured of a baggie I had made to cover a book for a gift my father was giving to a mutual acquaintance. I offered to provide something for her study bible. She readily accepted. 

I made three attempts at producing something from my own memory of the book, but when none of these was working out, I requested to have the bible with me in order to 'tailor'. 

That did the trick. I had opened it in the story of Joseph, that first day. Straight away I knew what I had to do.







14 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Very nice...and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAM...M was truly in awe and so very appreciative of the love, thought and time you put into making it.
    Your Mum's wool on the front was a very special touch. Just beautiful my eyes might be a wee bit wet...what a sweet lady.Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS the video was a very special touch too. I loved hearing M and you talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coat of many colors, so appropriate and I know she will love it. i have an old Bible with a quitlted cover on it from many years ago. now where is it is the question.. a truly wonderful gift... i don't know what a control bar is but i went to see if anything looks different. email me what the change is, my curiosty is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that was so nice of you to do, and you did it very well. Your neighbor was quite pleased with it too. Thanks for sharing the video - it made it even more touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, Yam. I have a tear trickling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. Thanks for sharing that video too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is beautiful ... the colors are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yam - that's a very thoughtful gift for your friend ... and I love the 'amazing technicolour cover' ... she must be so pleased and will enjoy it every day ... really thoughtful. Thanks too for the note re New Blogger ... I've yet to go the route - take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful gift for your friend. She was truly touched.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspired for that inspirational book. That is a large study Bible. Your craft definitely extending Love with the capital ell. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can tell your friend will treasure your cover for her Bible. It was fun hearing you and her in the video. Free form crochet isn't easy if you are trying to fit it to something. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏