WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menorkullating; That and This-ing...

I just finished re-reading "Fluke" by James Herbert. I read it way back when it first published. That's rather a long time. I had fond memories... and am relieved to report that those memories of an easy-reading, rollicking romp with a dog with flashbacks held up well... and that I had forgotten the twist at the end!!!

 ... has anyone noticed the Blogger reading page sometimes repeating blog-post alerts? For example, I may see LLB gang in the morning, but in the afternoon run, I find that it has jumped up the page again. Serious deja-vu. 

... then there's the fact that the email notifications for two of my faithful commenters are now defaulting to the spam folder. No amount of my instructing the algorithm that they are NOT SPAM has changed this. Why just them? No logic. Nothing different that I can see.Unless they have taken to commenting from a different device than previous? (LLB gang and Down Home in NC, it's you. Anything changed your end???) Don't worry, now I know I just go there and find you. It's interesting that there are a couple of commenters for whom I never get any email notification. The only way I know you're there is by going to the blog itself. On the other paw, maybe I ought just to be using the comments label on the dashboard and not relying on email... (note to self)

Joanne has been churning out her woven towels. I have some - they would make wonderful Christmas gifts... Here's mine at work -



Have any of you met Tigger the Travelling Tabby yet? He's a real cool dood. His pawrents, F and Mr B, are taking him on a tour of NE Greece at the moment and he is having a fabby time (apart from bell-toting sheep and goats and the threat of free-roaming dogs). 

Oh, and in case you missed the news, angel Big Boy has seen to it that his heartbroken pawrents will not be unguarded; Beau the Most Bodacious has arrived to fill his place. He's already winning Love and Laughter and seems almost seamlessly to be taking up where BB left off...

That's all for now - except to remind you that next week is FFF - yes already!!!




16 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed re-reads of books. Interesting how we can forget endings and such. Keep up the good rest, friend. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought that one advantage of having a less than perfect memory is that one can enjoy books all over again!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear me I have had some issues commenting on blogs lately too. I have a lot of emails going into spam.
    I have done nothing different to my blog...except about 2 weeks ago in the dark of night Blogger decided to no longer allow me to revert to Legacy blogger. I'm having problems preparing my post in the set up. Sometimes I can center and other time center option is gone. If you see a catawampus post some text to the left, some to the center that is why.
    One of my cat blogging friends who is on WordPress cannot comment on my blog without going thru all those ridiculous prove you aren't a spammer hoops.

    I love the red and white woven towel. I will check out Tigger too
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAM-aunty that was a kind plug; thank you. Strangely the most popular posts on my blog are Mum's hijackings to publish knitting patterns. I'm going to tear up her knitting. Dirt track and river fording escapade report coming soon. Furrings and purrings (and more white bedding) Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had the same problem with comments from the same bloggers. It says something about the emails coming from bouncer something or other. I too just go there now to find their comments. It is all very bizarre. I use Feedly to load the blogs I usually read, and it works well for me. I miss the old Reader one I had years ago.

    Thanks for the info on the book - always on the lookout for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Yam. I certainly never expected such a bodacious plug! You are a wonderful one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had such a problem too... it always said error 403, no access ... we felt bad, because it looked as we aren't interested to visit that blogs... but fortunately FB was there with the posts and we could comment there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen the Fluke movie but never read the book. I will have to look for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger and commenting have been a real PIA for a while....I changed browsers to try and sort out the problem. Sometimes it works other times my words just float out into...well who knows where.
    James Herbert is a ‘new to me’ author- my library doesn’t have Fluke but does have other works by him. Would it be worthwhile for me to put him on next years to be read list do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      To be honest, I have not read any others of Herbert's books - just Fluke. Am not a 'horror' fan at all. Fluke is not at all like the others - young adults could safely read it. Yxx

      Delete
  10. I don't ever look at the reading list on Blogger so I don't know if it's doing that or not not because I do my comments from my email. And over a year ago I noticed that to do not come in the email Monica in Sweden And one from Canada. They never come in the email and I can't figure out why and yes I do have going to spam I have seven that go to spam every time no matter how many times I say not spam and I've noticed that those that go there have the no reply You can't reply to them and email. That started maybe two weeks ago when blogger made all these changes. And I keep forgetting to go to my comments. I'm a creature of habit and I've had been in the habit for nine years of reading my comments in my email and I can't seem to remember to go read them somewhere else. Thank you for talking about my oppressious bow and you are right He has just melted into our life just like he had always been there. Bouncing b e r t y came to visit a couple of times and now I know why

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you noticed, when you reread a book, you read passages which you don't remember having read earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Yam - I'm slowly getting the reading mantle on ... but Fluke sounds great fun and I've noted perhaps as a present for my dog-loving SIL. I'm getting lots of blogging comments into my Spam - and am just ignoring it ... just adding them across when I see them.

    My latest post ... I worked backwards - not helpful ... ie pics first, then the paragraphs added in - individually ... so frustrating ... still it worked the way I wanted it ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since using the new version, Blogger doesn't email me at all..so maybe I need to go in and reconfigure something or another...I'll look and see what I can see :-)

    I am always looking for fun,twisty turny books. I'll have to give "Fluke" a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogger still working on getting the'bugs' out I guess ~ slowly ~ Fluke sounds like a great book ~ don't think I read ~ so 'many books' so little time ` eh?

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    p.s. Had death in family so am way behind in returning comments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have received mine/gift for Christmas. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏