WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Musing; Not A Lot

To fill space here I will tell you that I have decided to participate once again in the A-Z challenge.


Not here, though. Over on the MY TAKE bloggy. Two reasons. The first is that a regular commenter there had queried about my home in Australia and it made me realise that I had never really posted anything directly related to that on that blog and, given the dearth of new images in either the Fudge or the Hisstix due to lockdown, I have anyway been trawling the archives to keep the blog going. The second is that only two days after that query and consideration being put to how I might provide such I became aware that everyone was doing their theme reveal and I hadn't even considered doing the challenge up till Monday morning! (Read my theme reveal.)

It does mean that, for a month, I will be breaking that blog's "one-a-day" pattern, and also it's minimalist words strategy, as some explanations will need to go along with the images. Whilst keeping the post titling in synch, the usual theme-days will be rested for the month also. A change is as good as a holiday, right?

I spent three hours on Monday arvo searching my files for images that could be tied in with the alphabet. There are a couple of 'stretches' here and there, but overall it is about sharing a part of OZ from the purely personal perspective and many of the images are from scanned photos, so are not high art. Still, it has given me another creative project to focus on and that is no bad thing. Started scheduling the posts yesterday - only got as far as C, because it turns out that when you are used to saying not a lot on a blog, saying anything feels excessive and embarrassing!!! The plan is to have them all scheduled before April actually starts, so I can then enjoy other blogs I have selected from the list without the stress of keeping up myself.

I'll be putting a link in the sidebar here for those who are interested to follow that particular wee track.

Given the almost cessation of photographic opportunity, it must be admitted there was a question starting to rise as to why My Take was being kept on. There will be increased chances again, I am certain - and there is nothing wrong with using up one's archives. It stays on for now.



10 comments:

  1. I must remark on the tie dye quality of the background. Great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the A-Z a couple times way back when it first started. I thought about trying to do it this year, but I really am not sure. Mostly because of family. And what do I do about regular features...I'm still thinking...Love the birds! Terrific photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they corvids? And what kind? Do they form alliances with cats against squirrels? We miss our corvids. There were some living at our seaside and sitting on the busstop and lampposts but the people around here don't like them. Fz & Pz Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Sorry, the post was kinda last minute and I didn't follow through... that is one of the few recent pictures (taken on the Hisstix through the double-glazing on a murky day) and shows jackdaws. One half of a lovely couple I have grown to know and love - who used to nest in my chimney. Since the roof repairs (and chimney capping), they moved on. for a couple of seasons I didn't see them, but they reappeared which made my heart sing! In this shot, one paretn (bright eye) is trying to shake off the teenager offspring (dark eye and darker nape). The couple (they mate for life) are very attentive of each other and rarely apart, but I noted they took it in turns to be with junior. Must have been getting fed up with it not moving out of home!!! Yxx

      Delete
  4. oh we look forward to da a-z event!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good new project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a shoot from the hip, anything and everything that pops in my Mad Mind, so no A to Z for me. I look forward to seeing Austrailia, bring it on

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo looking forward to your post about Oz.
    Today's photo is has the a beautiful shade of purplish hue from the branches.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. With one shot in this past Monday and a second on april 1, We may attempt to do a bit more outside our little room. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏