WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

Third in the 'harp series' comes to you from China. The guzheng is, once again, from the zither family of harps and is the closes to that in how it looks and in the use of plectrums attached to the fingers. This is the most frenetic of the pieces out of the four and is riveting. I was almost breathless watching this lassie's virtuosity. Very exciting. If you can't watch here, I highly recommend clicking through (and reading some of the rather excellent comments too!)

10 comments:

  1. An all round truly amazing video. The visuals as well as the music. Yet another great find!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! and I could play it to wake up Mark in the morning ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rather reminds me of flamenco music - various rhythms operating together. Years ago I went to see Paco Pena the famous flamenco guitarist - his performance was mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Ah yes, now you've brought back memories - he was a great favourite in our family, much-watched and listened, but sadly never able to attend live. You may have given me the inspiration for my August posts in this spot! Yxx

      Delete
  4. You capture my attention with strings and drums. I'm a huge fan of Ottmar Liebert a classical guitarist
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her fingers moved like greased lightning I don't know how she moves me so quickly. I love those drums and I especially liked the part where they play together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing dragons and paper lanterns are conjured up - but they seem trite in the light of such skill. Xxx F & Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a talent! Reminds me a bit of the sound of a mandoline. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏