WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoptacled; Get Yer Glasses On

Okay folks, are you ready? Have you saved the schedule and started preparing your timetable?


Oh yeah, it's on. Somewhat curtailed, no doubt, but nonetheless we have wall to wall sport for the next two and a bit weeks. Technically it started on Wednesday, some sports needing the time to work through the lower groupings. Today is the official launch, though, and one wishes everyone involved all the very best, from volunteers and cleaners right through to the gold medallists and top-end organisers. 

I mean really... anyone who has organised anything beyond a family gathering - okay let's think weddings, they're a nightmare, right? - must surely understand the weight of responsibility for something as globally huge as the O's.  So easy to criticise, but put yourself in their boots.

It's going to be a challenge due to the time difference and having a distraction or two along the way. I do hope to see most of the cycling events, swimming and diving, equestrian, gymnastics, tennis, table tennis, rugby sevens, rowing, weightlifting... okay, most of it. I may have to rely on insomnia, playback viewing and/or highlights programs. 


NOW HEADS-UP EVERYONE - NEXT WEEK IS FFF TIME AGAIN! YES, THERE HAS TO BE A MINUTE OR TWO FOUND TO CREATE A POST BASED UPON AN IMAGE YOU HAVE FROM YOUR OWN FILES AND TELL US ALL ABOUT IT - FOR REAL OR FANTASY. GO ON - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!



12 comments:

  1. Yes indeed! Looking forward to the sport extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be cheering you on, dear Yam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish they show more event not just top notch ones. Like water polo.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      What I usually find, Dora, is that one can locate pretty much all the events - via online. Here, the BBC has a dedicated sports net-channel and that's what enables me to watch several things at once! Yxx

      Delete
  4. we wait for the horse events... and we hope we will see virginia from popounette blog ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready for FFF!
    As for the Olympics...I'm a winter Olympic fan. I hope and pray they all stay safe. I'm hearing of COVID infections.
    Someone here does enjoy the Tour de France though
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch anything but thanks for telling me because I'll look up the schedule and maybe I can find some of these events to babysit Bob. He loves anything that has to do with diving or swimming and I think volleyball I have to figure it out but at least we have a DVR and can record it and he can watch it whenever he wants to. I'm going to try for the Friday thing but I don't know if I'll make it right now I'm dealing with phone call after phone call and trying to bring together Bob getting a new knee in 3 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be watching. Gymnastics is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diving and gymnastics always catch my eye...Hopefully we can catch an event or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't wait for the Olympics to start too. Our mom wants to watch the equestrian and gymnastics the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been such a change this year.
    Everyone has their favourite events, I guess. I did swimming and softball, and like watching those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have only caught a few snippets of the O's so far. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏