WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

We finish the month of unusual folk music with the group Altyn Tuu. Throat singing of the Altai. Danil Danzheev has the horse down pat... an accomplished musician and throat singer, the young Russian is also an MMA fighter under the ring name "Buryat" which is actually the name of another ethnicity, of the neighbouring region to Altai. Again, you can find the group in all the usual streaming places.

8 comments:

  1. Unusual indeed. The animal sounds quite remarkable! I think I heard similar throat singing on the Simon Reeve's Russia TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried - I really did try ...but not for me I think. Interesting instruments through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's interesting... the boys were all agog at the begin for the animal noises ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never heard anything like this, they are really good at the throat singing and the animal sounds..

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll that was certainly entertainingly different. What a great beat the drum has and the cushion leaf he used for the beat. Wonderful throat and animal sounds
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounded a wee bit too strange for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are not sure how we missed that, but we have heard it now and loved it. Fz & Pz Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏