WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

For the month of November, I am going to indulge my adoration for Ed Sheeran. If by any chance at all you have not heard of this young man...where exactly have you been hiding? If at all you have any appreciation of musicality and the talent it takes to write relatable lyrics and produce all the noise yourself, how can you not appreciate this fellow? I am not besotted in the way I might have been in my teens. I am simply in love with the raw ability Ed has, the timbre of his voice, the edge of his poems as he places them on top of chords from his trusty guitar... 

10 comments:

  1. we love Ed too... and he is a man you can not bend or form till he fits into a trend or into da showbiz... it's Ed and always just Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I was a bit late to appreciating Ed Sheeran, but now the appearance of one of his songs on the music track played in the background to my Pilates class is often the highlight of the hour! Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the first song i have heard, he is big here in USA and is the mentor on The Voice a TV show we are watching now. i had not heard of him until the show. we don't listen to music so no way to have heard of him. I can't understand what he is saying. i have that problem with most songs except some of the slower ones.. I know he is a world wide super star

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 100% agree with every word you wrote. Oh what a voice.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Ed is lovely to listen to and enjoy all his music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this man and his music. I could have it on in the background all day and never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize I don't listen to much music and when I do, I default to 90s Alternative, so I must branch out more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yam - fun post ... thanks for highlighting Ed and his music - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. My human pa listens to music, my human ma not so much (she likes music, and Mr Sheeran's music) but she rather likes long periods of near silence as well. When she does play music it is loud and we dance - which is another reason for abstsining, our neighbours here might not like it. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏