WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

In the theme of music as therapy, I have written about Drake Music here on more than one occasion in connection with The Maestro and her collaborations with them. This charitable arts organisation provides opportunities for serious musicians with severe disabilities, and I am ever astounded at the opening up of different perspectives this provides - not just for the musicians, but for us, the listeners. Here is one of my favourite little collaborations that arose from having to work through the internet during lockdowns. Rhona Smith was best pals with The Maestro, and they used to compose so much together. Here, she writes music to express the sense she gets from the Robert Louis Stevenson poem, read by Eli... (I add the words below for enhanced enjoyment.)




8 comments:

  1. How precious to hear Eli's lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music has played (still does) an enormous role in my life. Chiquitita and I have a dream have helped to mellow my bouts of depression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. music is a key...to many things

    ReplyDelete
  4. music has helped so many through good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - that is a wonderful organisation - which I hadn't picked up til now. Delightful rendition of the poem and it's such a delightful aspect - we never lose our shadow, until such time ... thank you - loved it. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful recall I had of this poem. I especially love it to music
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏