WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

First Friday Filmclub

Last weekend, Tigger and F shared links to a song on YTube and a little commentary video which featured the Spoon Lady. I mentioned to them that I had bookmarked a small doco-vid about Abby Roach. I realised that she thought I meant the tubular one she'd linked. I could have put it there... but why not use it for this month's FFFilmclub? Do hop over to T and F's place to see what they linked - and you can find lots of vids of the band playing with a simple search of your own.

Abby the Spoon Lady from justinsuperstar on Vimeo.

Asheville-based percussionist Abby Roach is one of a handful of people in the world who makes her living banging a pair of spoons together. Filmed before her 20M+ viral hit on Facebook, this doc showcases her raw talent and incredible life story.

7 comments:

  1. I think it would cool to go to film club or something like that.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this... and I always admired people who can use the spoons for best muzak ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking her hands must get sore. that is a lot of slapping of the spoons, i liked the part about the different sounds and how to make them and I LOVE Willie of course. it looks like she has now been able to have a home and not do the hobo thing, and that is due to the internet. her life would be different without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoon music and old fashioned wash board strumming are very popular in the NC Mountains...
    Abby has some serious skills
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people are born with silver spoon. Abby is born with musical spoons, isnt she? I loved her toothless grin. Her face is lit up with love of life. Its infectious.
    - Anagha Yatin
    https://canvaswithrainbow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! The spoons do not look like an easy "instrument" to play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just think it is amazing how some people have the power or perseverance to turn life's lemons into lemonade. I admire those people and everything they achieve.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏