WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoofing; Just Menombling Along

Is it possible to want a holiday from retirement? Is that even what's going on? Could be cabin fever. Could be menosomniasis... Oh, no, it might be sport. Wimbledon, Tour de France and, last week, Cricket... sigh... These have been distracting me no end, so I have nothing to offer you today, really. Other than the news I am awaiting the arrival of a very dear blogpal and her new 'compawnyun.' Yes, Nobby and his Gail are due to visit for a few days. I am excited to make the acquaintance of a new 'nephdawg' - though I have been forewarned and thus all the Stuffy Clan have had to be packed in a case for a wee holiday (well, crammed into the hall cupboard for short internment!!!)  

No doubt you will be reading reports on that visitation in due course - and, hopefully, there will be some pictures. 

Thinking about holidays/vacations, I was watching some of my fave YTubers the other night in Ecuador... and was reminded of how much I miss the Tropics. Inevitably my thoughts returned to OZ. Now I leave you with a question for you to answer in the comments;

Allowing for no worries about money, pandemics, wars or other pestilences, where would be your ideal vacation spot?

Just wondering...




16 comments:

  1. my ideal vacation would be visiting one of my daughters in the Blue Ridge Mountains or another daughter who lives 15 minutes from the beach in Savannah. I wouldn't have to fly for either and in fact I plan to do both when it cools down. We had a heat warning today. With the heat index it was 101 degrees F here in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take my often considered, never realized trip through the British Isles to visit blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. But my husband want a change of being house hubby.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh what a good idea... the mice crew will be grateful for a hiding place LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - enjoy their visits ... and yes lots going on ... where to go I think I'd pop around seeing blogging friends - but definitely Cornwall and various places in the UK ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would head to Nantucket in a heartbeat. We can't wait to hear all about Gail and Nobby's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YAM what a fun time you will have with Gail and that crazy handsome Nobby. Good thing the stuffies are safe he does seem to love them. I look forward to seeing/reading about the visit. Please give them hugs
    Perfect Vacation w/o any worries would either be a drive up the east coast to New England then over the Novia Scotia
    or the the Pacific northwest especially Washington and Oregon
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I like many places. Too many tourists for me. I am happy on my back deck!
    (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the answer for me is a vacation from not shopping for food, prep of food, no housework, nothing and I don't care where it is but love Ormond Beach on the other side of Florida... just a break from everything I do every day would be a vacation.
    I am jealous but happy you are about to me Nice Nobby, not Naughty Nobby. ha ha... have fun, can't wait to hear the stories

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can't wait to see Nobby and his Gail's visit with you. Me, Marv am not into vacations. The cats (Kozmo, Jo Jo and Angel Nellie) used to go everywhere Mom and Dad went. Me, Marv, never! Mom has never been a world traveller-most of her vacations have been in Western Canada and the USA. (with a few anomalies (England 50 years ago, Mexico 45 and 30 years ago). She says she would love to go anywhere where she did not have to cook a single meal, could lay in the sun, walk on a beach. With a ton of books! (But we know that she would miss us cats). Purrs Marv

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would go anywhere nice that would also allow the three pups to come. Leaving them behind just creates too much stress for them. Sometimes it just makes more sense to stay put:)

    Enjoy that visit and say hello to Gail and Nobby for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My ideal vacation would be a trip around the USA, with a some stops in Canada, in an RV to visit all my blogging friends. After that I would love to schedule a similar one to the UK and Europe (mostly France and Netherlands) to do the same. You are so lucky to get to have Gail and Nobby come for visits. Maybe if the world really learns to live with covid, someday I can make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to join the southern hemisphere including Aussie land. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏