WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Not-Impressed, Says Tigger

On Tuesday, there was a shocking post on Tigger's very own blog, couched as a 'postcard' from his F and Mr B.


Suffice it to say that when I played the wee video for Tigs, he was less than chuffed! In fact, this was his response...


Yup, leaves in the breeze, much more captivating. Later in the evening, the YAMster needed some furrings and purrings as she nursed along the neuralgia attack. She tried to distract herself with some Yahtzee against the Oktokan. Tigger decided that moving dice were also considerably more interesting than Terriers of the Far Far South. In fact, they are quite mesmerising.


...yeah, neuralgia. Something that has plagued me since my teenage years, but not at all frequently. The last time I had an episode was three years back, all that disease and dying dads and stuff. This gives you a clue that this physical nerve attack tends to only take place when my body is under significant stress. 

I had twinging beside my ear on Sunday evening, and by Monday arvo, it was really biting in. On going to my travel kit, I found only two ibuprofen left. That would ensure I got some sleep that night, but I knew I had to get more because once this thing sets in, it is usually 4-7 days before it lets go again. I got onto the Big A (having recently taken on Prime membership as I will need quite a few things for The Grey) and ordered the necessary pills... but then had to last through until Tuesday mid-afternoon for them to arrive. Heat packs, Radiance Therapy, talking books, and Tigger cuddles helped me keep a lid on the screaming. I also took some time to ponder why on earth neuralgia decided now was the time...

All I could say was that I have been more physically active due to the situation - but I have also been aware of it and only going out every second day. Of course, that is still six times more than I ever do back at the Hutch. Then there is the other factor - the major shift in life circumstances that has now begun. The Grey has become real. A long-held dream is about to be realised. All good - but also a tad stressful. 

What I do know is that rigors and spasmodic jaw clamping on one's tongue and loosening teeth resulting from the nerve-jangling that has been going on rather curbed one's enthusiasm and put the kibosh on going anywhere on Monday. 

The meds have it back at a very low-level discomfort, and I could go out and aboot on Wednesday - which you will read about for tomorrow's FFF offering (and which I forgot to remind you about!) Meanwhile, I have been grateful for Tigger constantly checking on me and meowing to ensure I was still alive and seeking my hand for furrings - which then sets off his delightful purrings! 



19 comments:

  1. A neuralgia attack! Oh, my heart is so sad. It's what settles in my right hip, and comes and goes, as it pleases. So many things hurt us, but this insidious lurker is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that you will continue to feel better and better quickly. I'm glad that Tigger can be a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yam,
    So sorry to read about the neuralgia attack. The dramatic increase in activity coupled with stress of big changes afoot are surely to blame. I do hope it subsides soon, and meanwhile its good you have Dr Tigger (and ibuprofen).
    Nobby sends healing licks.
    Cheers,
    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hugs to you.. and maybe tigger can help to heal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - I hope things ease up ... at least Tigger is there for a cuddle. The Australian pied butcherbird sang its song at 6.00 this am - on Tweet of the Day? Recognised from your introduction ... good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. it seems our body can always find something to make us need ibuprofen, I keep 3 different pain killers at all time.
    with two of us, there seems to be a NEED often. so sorry it had to come and attack while you were on a fun vacation/tigger sitting trip. I am sure the purrs helped. I do hope it is better now. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Sorry to hear you are in pain, with Tigger's comfort and the medicine I hope you heal quickly. Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! That sounds quite awful. Hope it goes away soon, YAM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending best wishes for a pain free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not good to be troubled with pain when you are out of your comfort zone. Here’s hoping it settles fairly soon
    My mother was told to drink water - drink as though it’s going out of fashion. She used to grimace and say ‘constantly thinking about going to the loo to empty her full bladder took her mind of the discomfort in the other part of her body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Actually, that's interesting. I am a good hydrator anyway, but when in pain - and particularly with this neuralgic sort, I do tend to up the intake. Partly, I suspect, because the appetite is depressed with it and one needs to fill the stomach somehow! I do not neccessarily find frequency of elimination rises in response!!! Yxx

      Delete
  11. Oh YAM I am as very sorry about the neuralgia creeping up on you. At least Tigger is understanding.
    I had a good giggle at his 'back of disrespect' after seeing the video form F and Mr. B.
    Sending healing gentle hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neuralgia sounds very painful. I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can understand the underlying stress, not to mention extreme excitement, of changes to come causing some flare up. I'm glad things have evened out a bit...and that you have a snuggly purring companion to help keep your mind occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crikey really sorry to read you are suffering and it is always worse when you are not in your own space. We hope no 12 hasn't been too stressful for you and that Tigger takes his companionship duties seriously. Xxx F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      Not at all - #12 has been a joy, as has Tigger, me ol' mate, me chum, me nurse and doctor! I have been so privileged to get a share of him. Yxx

      Delete
  15. Hope your pain has subsided and the condition is taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you could both entertain and be entertained by the cat. XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. At least the purring can really help with about anything. Oh, the rigors of big changes. Thinking of you often. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏