WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

A double bill to end the month of Naijja music. The first one is a fairly recent piece - a collaboration between Burna Boy, one of Nigeria's top-selling artists, and Ed Sheeran (another of my 'small crushes'). The second is an absolute classic of Afrobeats by King Sunny Ade. I had the great luck to be able to attend one of his gigs in Benin City all those years ago. The vibe in the hall was magic and makes me tingle even from the memory. I still have the three LP albums I bought, though have nothing on which to play them!

10 comments:

  1. Not entirely to my tastes - but I am pro redheads and collaboration! Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  2. LP albums... That's nostalgic... Haven't seen one for... I don't know, ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yam - interesting to read about King Sunny Ade and his backstory ... I'm enjoying the listening. Lucky you to have heard him in Benin all those years ago. I'm sure the records could be converted for you - check up and see - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burna boy is the winner between these two for me and I LOVE IT! love the music, love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fan of Ed Sheeran, so the first one is a favorite. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice...got my feet tapping
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏